Kaua’i is a beautiful and lush tropical island in Hawaii known for its verdant rainforests, stunning beaches, and some of the best hikes and dives in the world. The island is Hawaii’s fourth largest island and is sometimes called the “Garden Island,” which is an entirely accurate description.
Over 90% of Kaua’i can’t be reached by road, and many unique flora and fauna continue to be discovered. The island has been featured in many films and television shows, including Jurassic Park and Lilo & Stitch.
Here we share the top outdoor adventures you can do while exploring the island:
- Explore the Napali Coast. There are many ways to explore the Napali Coast, but the safest access and best views are found by sea or air. Boat tours depart from Port Allen on the west side, and during the summer months, guided kayaking trips bring you up close to soaring cathedral cliffs. When conditions are right, raft tours are available to guide you to hidden sea caves and remote beaches.
- Hike on Waimea Canyon State Park. The park is known for its breathtaking views of the canyon, which spans over 14 miles and reaches depths of up to 3,600 feet. Hiking is one of the most popular activities in the park, with trails ranging from easy to difficult. Some of the most popular trails include the Waimea Canyon Trail, which offers stunning views of the canyon and the Waipo’o Falls Trail, which takes you to a beautiful waterfall. You can also take a scenic drive along the Waimea Canyon Drive, which offers plenty of pull-off points for photo opportunities.
- Snorkel or dive near Princeville. The island has a pristine marine environment, so check out at least one snorkelling site. Tunnels Beach is one popular spot on the island’s north shore. This beach is known for its clear waters and coral formations, making it an excellent spot for snorkelling and diving. Another option is Anini Beach, located on the north shore and offers calm waters, ideal for beginner snorkelers. Lastly, if you’re up for a drive, you can head to Poipu Beach on the south shore, known for its colourful fish and sea turtles, sometimes hanging in the reef shallows.
- Horseback riding at Princeville Ranch. The ranch offers guided tours through the lush tropical landscape, horseback riding lessons for adults and children, and even a waterfall swimming hole to cool off in. Another option is Silver Falls Ranch, which has a variety of trail options and also offers private rides. The ranch is adjacent to the Kamo’okoa Ridge, a lush inland valley with natural waterways. Both ranches prioritise the safety and well-being of their horses so that you can feel good about your ride.
- Try mountain tubing. If you’re looking for a unique adventure with the family, you may try mountain tubing with Kaua’i Backcountry Adventures. This adventure is perfect for all those aged five and over and in good physical condition. Float in an inner tube down the hand-carved waterways of a historic sugar plantation surrounded by towering mountains and the Waialeale Crater. Gently flowing waters will carry you down the former irrigation system of the Lihue Plantation that traverses this magnificent, remote landscape.
Two of your club resorts are situated in Kaua’i. Club Wyndham Ka’ Eo Kai has breathtaking ocean and mountain views, with amenities including an outdoor pool, a children’s pool, a tennis court, laundry facilities, and a sauna. Your Club Wyndham apartments all have two bedrooms and a full kitchen.
Club Wyndham Bali Hai is also in the resort community of Princeville, adjacent to the Makai Golf Club. The resort offers up to 2-bedroom Deluxe suites with kitchen facilities and amenities such as a gym, tennis court, BBQ area, sauna, and an outdoor pool.
Kaua’i, Hawaii is a paradise for adventure seekers. With so many activities, a one-week trip might not be enough to experience everything this beautiful island has to offer. Your club resorts not just offer spectacular amenities for an enjoyable trip but are also close to these outdoor adventures.
Check out Club Wyndham Ka’ Eo Kai and Club Wyndham Bali Hai. Travelling with your special someone to Kaua’i? Watch the Top Romantic Date Ideas in Kaua’i on Club Wyndham TV.