Take a step back to authentic Hawaiian pleasures. When you stay at Club Wyndham Kona in Kailua-Kona on the Big Island’s west coast, you’ll feel as if you’re stepping back in time to a simpler, unspoiled era. Every detail has been designed to re-create the traditional charming island ambiance of Hawaii, while still assuring you of all the comfortable amenities and activities you expect in a modern-day tropical resort. Club Wyndham Kona features two outdoor swimming pools, a children’s pool, two outdoor hot tubs, a picnic and barbecue area, and a gym. The apartment types available to Club Wyndham South Pacific owners are two-bedroom deluxe apartments.
Being the largest of the Hawaiian Islands there is a lot of ground to cover and a host of exciting and adventurous activities to choose from. Akaka Falls is Hawaii Island’s most famous waterfall and one of the most popular attractions on the Big Island. Go snorkeling with the colorful fish and coral at Kealakekua Bay. Experience and walk on the Punalu’u Black Sand Beach, where you’ll find Hawaiian green sea turtles swimming close to shore.
- BBQ area
- Exercise equipment
- 2 Outdoor swimming pools
- 2 Outdoor hot tubs
- 24-hour reception
- Outdoor children's pool
Before You Go
Reception Hours: 24 hours
Check-in Time: 4:00pm Check-out Time: 10:00am
Health Advisory: Recent changes in activity at the Kilauea Volcano have resulted in possible higher levels of sulphur dioxide, ash fall and fog. If you have respiratory concerns, you should be particularly mindful of this while on the island. For the most up-to-date information on the volcano’s activity as well as a brochure on any protective measures that may be needed, please visit the County of Hawaii Kilauea Eruption website at www.lavainfo.us .
TRANSPORT: A rental car is suggested, as there are limited sidewalks/walking paths to town. Kailua Kona Township is approximately 2.5km from the resort.
Privileges Benefits: This property is not managed by Wyndham therefore Privileges benefits do not apply.
*It is important to note that these new Club properties are managed by Club Wyndham, not Club Wyndham South Pacific. This means there are some key differences and reservation conditions that you will need to be aware of when making your bookings at these Club properties, including the following:
- All bookings must be made in 7-night blocks, with arrivals and departures Friday, Saturday or Sunday only.
- Multiple reservations can be made by each Owner to build a stay of multiples of 7 nights, however a housekeeping fee applies to each 7-night booking and a room move may be required.
- TOT (Transient Occupancy Tax) of approximately $6 to $12 USD per night (2018 rates), depending on the apartment type, needs to be paid to the resort directly on departure. This tax is imposed by the state government in Hawaii, not dissimilar to the STT in place at Fiji.
- The Club has acquired the use of a number of weeks at Club Wyndham Kona on an on-going basis, not specific apartments as traditionally it would do so. The resort is locally managed and shares facilities with other Wyndham Vacation Ownership Clubs.
2 Bedroom Deluxe
- Maximum occupancy 6 people
- 2 Separate bedrooms
- Bedding – 2 x King size bed (cannot be split), Queen size Sofa Bed
- Room Size – 1,008 to 1156 sq. ft.
- 2 Bathrooms – 1 with separate shower and jetted tub, 1 with shower only
- Spacious living room with large-screen TV, (DVD player and game systems on request)
- Full kitchens with large refrigerator, oven, stovetop, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher
- Dining areas with a large table
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans
- Balcony or deck
- Wireless Internet access
- Washer and dryer
- In room safe
Accessibility : Located on upper or lower levels (Special needs units can be requested via Owner Services however these units do not have a jetted tub)
PACK n PLAY (porta cots) – Pack-n-Play’s are available upon request. They are FREE OF CHARGE on a first come first serve basis. These cannot be reserved before checking into the resort. If you have any questions or would like to make a request please feel free to call the resort.