GUARANTEED SINGLE ROOM
From AU$7,290* per person
With like-minded travellers, experience the best of the South Island
There’s just something magical about New Zealand. From the white-topped peaks of fiords, to the spectacular glaciers, and incredible culture; New Zealand is a destination that will simply take your breath away. So why not experience it in Premium Economy Comfort on a mid-size coach tour.
Including airfares and taxes, return airport transfers in New Zealand, Premium Economy 32 seat coach travel, 4 star accommodation, most meals, sightseeing and attractions; meaning you do not have to worry about any hidden extras.
Starts and Finishes in Christchurch
- Return airfares from your homeport (ex Australia)
- Personalised Meet and Greet on arrival
- Return airport transfers in New Zealand
- Professional Coach Captain
- Tour Leader
- 10 nights 4 star accommodation
- 3 two night stays
- Hotel porterage
- 1 rail journey
- 2 cruises
- All sightseeing and prepaid attractions
- Extensive Optional Tours Programme
- Classic Documentation Pack
Travelflex payment options available to eligible Lifestyle Gold, Platinum and 100 Club Owners
|Prices Per Person, based on flights ex Sydney|
|Departure Date Guaranteed||Brochure Price From||Club Offer From|
|23 Feb – 4 Mar 2024||AU$7,349* Save$300||AU$7,290*|
|21 Feb – 3 Mar 2025||AU$8,139*||AU$7,980*|
|Bookings subject to availability. Valid for sale until sold Out. Prices and availability correct at time of publishing|
- 10 cooked breakfasts
- 8 sumptuous dinners including complimentary pre-dinner drink at the Welcome Dinner and 2 specialty dinners: Walter Peak Homestead, Queenstown; Farewell Dinner including pre-dinner drink, Christchurch
- 1 picnic lunch: Milford Sound Cruise
- 1 delicious Devonshire Tea: Larnach Castle
- Enjoy GPT Hotel Wine Time (discounted drinks)
- Day 1: Dinner not included for anyone arriving later than 8pm.
- 32 Premium Economy Comfort seats on a full-size coach
- 2 door access; seat back tray table; cup holder
- Restroom; daily onboard Wi-Fi allowance
- International Antarctic Centre
- TranzAlpine Rail Journey
- Cruise Lake Wakatipu on the TSS Earnslaw
- Lakes District Museum
- Milford Sound Cruise and Lunch
- Larnach Castle*
- City sights tour of Christchurch and Dunedin *Guided tour
DAY 1: Arrive Christchurch
On arrival into Christchurch, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. This evening enjoy a complimentary pre-dinner drink.
DAY 2: Christchurch
This morning visit the International Antarctic Centre, designed to provide an informative account of life in Antarctica. Feel the chill of the Antarctic storm room, take a ride on the Hagglund all-terrain vehicle, see the little blue penguins and be astonished within the immersive 4D theatre. This is followed by a city tour of Christchurch. The remainder of the afternoon and evening is at leisure to explore further.
DAY 3: Christchurch – Arthur’s Pass – Franz Josef
This morning board the TranzAlpine, renowned as one of the great train journeys of the world. Board your coach and travel to Hokitika, before continuing to the township of Franz Josef to experience a scenic flight (optional, weather permitting) over the spectacular glaciers.
DAY 4: Franz Josef – Queenstown
See the snow-capped peaks of the Southern Alps as you travel south into picturesque Queenstown. This evening is free to dine at leisure.
DAY 5: Queenstown (Free Day)
Today is a free day to explore Queenstown. This evening board the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw and cruise to Walter Peak Station to enjoy a delicious gourmet barbecue dinner. After dinner enjoy a short farm tour then reboard the TSS Earnslaw for a sing along.
DAY 6: Queenstown – Te Anau
Enjoy a leisurely start this morning before travelling to Arrowtown, an old gold mining village where you visit the Lakes District Museum. This innovative museum is heavily involved in the protection of the historic buildings scattered around town. Continue to Te Anau, the gateway to Fiordland. Today you may like to visit the Te Anau Glowworm Caves (optional).
DAY 7: Te Anau – Milford Sound – Te Anau
Depart Te Anau for a fascinating drive to Milford Sound where you board your launch for a cruise on this magnificent fiord. See the spectacular Bowen Falls and towering Mitre Peak as you enjoy a picnic lunch onboard. This afternoon return to Te Anau where some free time is available. You might like to cap off your Fiordland experience by watching the breathtaking film, Ata Whenua – Shadowland, which screens at the Fiordland Cinema (optional).
DAY 8: Te Anau – Dunedin
Travel via Gore and Balclutha to Dunedin for a city tour then travel along the Otago Peninsula to Larnach Castle for a guided tour followed by Devonshire Tea.
DAY 9: Dunedin – Mt Cook – Twizel
Travel to Oamaru, see Lake Benmore as you continue to Mt Cook, New Zealand’s highest peak. Enjoy a scenic flight (optional, weather permitting) over the Southern Alps. Travel to Twizel for your overnight stay.
DAY 10: Twizel – Christchurch
Continue to Lake Tekapo, view the brilliant turquoise water, the Church of the Good Shepherd and the Sheep Dog Statue before arriving in Christchurch. This evening enjoy a pre-dinner drink with your new friends at the farewell dinner.
DAY 11: Depart Christchurch
Time to say goodbye. You will be transferred to the airport for your flight home after a memorable New Zealand holiday.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as of 5 September 2023 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes and currency fluctuation.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- This tour is offered and managed by Grand Pacific Tours and their terms and conditions apply.
- Cancellation and change fees apply. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance, or request a quotation.
Travel Flex guidelines
If you wish to purchase under the Travel Flex promotion you can do so if you are a Gold owner or above. There are limits as to how many credits you can use, these are capped for each tier as per below:-
Gold Owners can use a maximum of 60,000 available WMTS credits.
Platinum Owners can use a maximum of 90,000 available WMTS credits.
100 Club Owners can use a maximum of 150,000 available WMTS credits.
In addition to using credits, You must provide a Housekeeping Token for the first 19,999 credits and a further Token for each additional 10,000 Lifestyle Qualified Credits exchanged for Travel Flex. If you do not have enough allocated tokens per above, a fee of AU$124 is payable per 10,000 credits (or part thereof) exchanged. Your credits must have a minimum of 6 months / 180 days validity for use with Travel Flex.
Any difference in cost for the travel plans after utilising the promotion would be payable on a cash basis, either via credit card or direct deposit