2023 European Gems River Cruise
15 Day River Cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest or v.v
From AU$5,389* per person, twin share
BONUS! Return airfares with Singapore Airlines or Emirates included from Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane or Perth^
PLUS – Book now and SAVE AU$1,200 per couple
Get ready for a return to international travel, book early and take advantage of the best deals including free flights and discounted rates.
Absorb Europe’s ever-changing riverside scenery on a river cruise with Travelmarvel. Step ashore and delve into the rich history and culture of the gorgeous towns between Amsterdam and Budapest. The cruise operates in both directions.
|Price Per Person, Twin Share
AMSTERDAM TO BUDAPEST (This cruise also operates from Budapest to Amsterdam. Please enquire for dates and rates)
|River Cruise Dates||From Price|
|31 Mar – 14 Apr 2023||AU$5,389*|
|14 Apr – 28 Apr 2023||AU$5,879*|
|28 Apr – 12 May 2023||AU$6,859*|
|1 May – 15 May 2023||AU$7,639*|
|12 May – 26 May 2023||AU$7,639*|
|26 May – 9 Jun 2023||AU$7,639*|
|29 May – 12 Jun 2023||AU$7,639*|
|9 Jun – 23 Jun 2023||AU$7,639*|
|23 Jun – 7 Jul 2023||AU$7,639*|
|26 Jun – 10 Jul 2023||AU$7,639*|
|7 Jul – 21 Jul 2023||AU$7,639*|
|21 Jul – 4 Aug 2023||AU$7,639*|
|24 Jul – 7 Aug 2023||AU$7,639*|
|4 Aug – 18 Aug 2023||AU$7,639*|
|18 Aug – 1 Sep 2023||AU$7,639*|
|21 Aug – 4 Sep 2023||AU$7,639*|
|1 Sep – 15 Sep 2023||AU$7,639*|
|15 Sep – 29 Sep 2023||AU$7,639*|
|18 Sep – 2 Oct 2023||AU$7,639*|
|Bookings are subject to availability. Valid for sale until 31 January 2022, unless sold out prior. Featured rates are based on a category E cabin.|
- BONUS: Return flights with Singapore Airlines, Emirates or another similar airline^
- 14 nights cruising on a contemporary Travelmarvel river ship
- Services of a Travelmarvel Cruise Director, Entertainment and Activities Coordinator, and local guides
- 41 meals – 14 breakfasts, 13 lunches and 14 dinners
- Onboard water stations, plus tea and coffee, soft drink, beer and local wine during lunch and dinner on your cruise
- Explore up to 15 towns, villages and cities
- Step back in time during a visit to the World Heritage-listed Augustusburg Castle
- Enjoy a festive Bavarian evening on your ship with traditional food and entertainment
- Get a glimpse into local life as you are warmly welcomed into the home of a friendly Miltenberg family
DAY 1: Arrive Amsterdam, Embark Ship
Arrive in Amsterdam and transfer to your contemporary river ship. Perhaps grab a map to explore this carefree, cosmopolitan city. This evening meet your Cruise Director and fellow passengers at a Captain’s Welcome Reception.
DAY 2: Amsterdam, Utrecht
Board a glass-top boat and glide through Amsterdam’s maze of waterways with a local guide, before enjoying some free time to explore this lively city. Later, travel by coach to Utrecht, via Rembrandt’s Windmill. From here, your ship will set off along the Rhine as you prepare for tonight’s special Gala Dinner.
DAY 3: Cologne, Bruhl
Step back in time during a visit to the World Heritage-listed Augustusburg Castle. Listen to enthralling stories and enjoy a walk through the landscaped parks and gardens between the castle and the lodge.
Learn how the twin spires of Cologne’s famous cathedral, the Kolner Dom, took over six centuries to complete as you cruise into this picturesque city. Disembark and take the short drive to Bruhl for your Insider Experience.
DAY 4: Rhine Gorge, Rudesheim
Dock in Rudesheim, and board the Winzerexpress mini-train, bound for Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum.
DAY 5: Miltenberg
Get a glimpse into local life as you are welcomed into the home of a friendly Miltenberg family. Enjoy coffee and cake made by your gracious hosts.
Discover Miltenberg today, exploring this well-preserved town’s half-timbered buildings dating from the 15th to 18th century.
DAY 6: Wurzburg
Board a coach and travel through the rolling hills to Wurzburg. Admire the baroque palace and walk through the beautiful Court Garden. Later, perhaps enjoy an optional visit to medieval Rothenburg, a true fairytale town.
DAY 7: Bamberg
Cruise along the last stretch of the Main River before arriving at Bamberg. Here, choose between an afternoon of free time or a guided tour. Later on this evening, your ship will reach the Main-Danube Canal.
DAY 8: Nuremberg
Explore Nuremberg, the site of Hitler’s now infamous rallies. Wander the cobblestone streets, discovering hidden boutiques and artisan stores. Finish your day cruising through the Main-Danube Canal, crossing Europe’s Continental Divide thanks to the canal’s 16 stair-step locks.
DAY 9: Regensburg
This evening, enjoy an authentic Bavarian experience on board as you sample local beer and snacks, accompanied by traditional folk music, song and dance.
Having reached the Danube River overnight, Regensburg awaits. Spend the day in this charming city, docked right in the heart of town, and join a guided walking tour to see its major sights.
DAY 10: Passau
As you enjoy your breakfast, arrive in the ‘Three Rivers City’ of Passau, where the rivers Inn and Ilz join the Danube. Explore the city at your leisure this morning, or grab a bike and set out to explore. Alternatively, join an optional tour to Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic, or travel to Salzburg and enjoy the sights from ‘The Sound of Music’.
DAY 11: Melk, Durnstein
Join a local guide to see Melk Abbey, an active Benedictine monastery since 1089. Cruise through the picturesque Wachau Valley, then continue to Durnstein, where you have a free afternoon to explore.
DAY 12: Vienna
In Vienna, join a walking tour of St Stephen’s Cathedral, the Graben, Hofburg Palace and the Albertina. Afterwards, you may enjoy visiting the Naschmarkt. This evening, perhaps enjoy an optional concert featuring music from Mozart to ‘The Sound of Music’.
DAY 13: Vienna
Today is yours to explore Vienna. Perhaps visit the Hofburg area and the Imperial Treasury. Otherwise, enjoy an optional excursion to Schonbrunn Palace, or head to Bratislava.
DAY 14: Budapest
After breakfast, join a local guide to explore the city. Tonight after a Captain’s Farewell Dinner, set off on a magical twilight cruise through Budapest.
DAY 15: Disembark Ship, Depart Budapest
After breakfast, disembark your ship and transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as of 24 September 2021 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- This tour is offered and managed by Travelmarvel and their terms and conditions apply:
- Save up to $1,000 per couple (Early Payment Discount): Save $1,000 per couple ($500 per person) when you book a selected European Gems, Balkans, Russia River Cruises and Rail and/or Land, City Stay combinations, and pay in full 10 months prior to departure. A $1,000 per person non-refundable deposit must be paid within seven days of booking. Discount is combinable with Travel with Friends Discount where applicable.
- Flight Offers: Once sold out surcharges will apply. Airline schedules are subject to change without notice and Travelmarvel is not liable for any additional costs incurred due to airline schedule changes once booked. To be eligible for these Earlybird Offers, flights must be booked by Travelmarvel. A non-refundable deposit of $1,000 per person is due within seven days of booking; a second non-refundable payment of $2,000 per person is due by 31 October 2022. However, if fares increase and/or changes in ticketing requirements occur, the second payment may be required earlier. Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure. Your deposit is considered a guarantee of the flight arrangements shown on your invoice and once your deposit is received, flights will be ticketed and will be subject to change and/or cancellation fees. In some cases ticketed flights will be non-refundable. Any changes made after first deposit is received will incur fees. Should you choose to depart Australia earlier than your scheduled tour departure, or make variations to airline routings, surcharges will apply.
- Travel with Friends Discount: Save $600 per couple ($300 per person) available when six or more friends are travelling together on the same cruise or tour, and book that cruise or tour at the same time. Discount is combinable with Flights Included + Save up to $1,000 per couple* offer where applicable. Not combinable with any other group discount.
- Cancellation and change fees apply. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance, or request a quotation.
- ^Flights Included: Flights are based on wholesale economy airfares in (W) Class with Singapore Airlines, Emirates or an airline of Travelmarvel’s choosing. Includes taxes of up to $330 per person from Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane & Perth.