Club Wyndham Dinner Plain, Mt Hotham Update – 23 June 2020
Mt Hotham Ski Season opening has been delayed to the 29 June 2020 (subject to snow), at this stage there is 15cm base at Mt Hotham.
Please note the following important information for 2020 Mt Hotham Ski Season, these changes have been implemented in line with state government advice and are controlled by Alpine shire council / Mt Hotham Resort Management and Mt Hotham, Vale ski and lift operator. The below information is based on information provided 3 June 2020 and is subject to change.
- 2020 ski season will have reduced numbers on the mountain each day, access to Mt Hotham must be pre-purchased online prior to arrival (Resort Entry). Vehicle and Lift passes will not be available to purchase on the mountain and once capacity has been reached ticket sales will close with not further access to Mt Hotham Resort or Ski Area. (This applies to people staying on the Mountain and Dinner Plains)
- When Driving to Dinner Plains, chains must be carried at all times. A car permit (Resort Entry) is not required to travel to Dinner Plains, however if you are stopping at Mt Hotham a car permit must be pre-purchased (Resort Entry). This means that you are able to transit through Mt Hotham to access Dinner Plains without a pass but if you wish to stop, even to take scenic photos, you must have a permit. These permits are required to be pre-purchased online prior to arrival and daily capacity numbers will apply. Check Points will be setup by Mt Hotham Resort Management
- Once in Dinner Plain you will not be able to access Mt Hotham ski village without a (Resort Entry) permit, this must be purchased online prior to arrival with a limited number applied each day.
- Ski School and Mt Hotham facilities will be working to reduce numbers and at this stage details have not been released on how this will operate for the 2020 Ski Season
- Mt Hotham and Dinner Plain Village will be operating in line with the Victorian Government requirements, this includes reduced seating numbers in restaurants, bar and Cafes.
- Club Wyndham Dinner Plain, Mt Hotham is open. The bar and Restaurant is open 7 days with social Distancing Applies
It is strongly recommended that you pre-plan in advance and pre-purchase lift passes as well as Mt Hotham Resort Management (Resort Entry) vehicle access passes if you are wishing to visit the ski fields at Mt Hotham Village.
We are still waiting for further announcements regarding bus transfers from Dinner Plains to Mt Hotham, once Mt Hotham Resort Management has finalised these, the details will be available online. It is important that you are updated prior to arriving at Dinner Plain with the correct permits.
It is strongly recommend that owners review the following websites. Please note that our team at Club Wyndham Dinner Plain is unable to help with Resort Entry Passes or Lift Passes as this is managed by Mt Hotham Resort Management and Mt Hotham (Vale) the Ski and Lift Operator.