Travel from 01 April 2021 - 30 November 2021
per person, twin share
It’s said that the key to happiness is having someone to love, something to do, and something to look forward to.
At Journey Beyond Rail Expeditions, they believe that although your travel may be paused, you don’t need to stop dreaming and planning.
To help you stay connected with your passion for travel, they’ve partially released their 2021 season early with date change flexibility at no extra cost, reduced deposits, and a continuation of this year’s prices, all available for a limited time. On top of this, we've included an exclusive discount of over $74 per person on Gold Service and $160 per person on Platinum Service for all owners, on classic Ghan journey from Adelaide to Darwin.
Ever wondered what the difference is between The Ghan and The Ghan Expedition? This short video highlights the difference.
|*Prices are From, Per Person.
Departs Adelaide Sundays at 12:15 pm April to November
Departs Adelaide Wednesdays at 12:10 pm June to August
02/05/21 – 30/08/21
04/04/21 – 26/04/21
05/09/21 – 22/11/21
|Platinum Service, twin||AU$4,125*||AU$3,915*|
|Gold Service Superior, twin||AU$2,975*||AU$2,815*|
|Gold Service, twin||AU$2,265*||AU$2,065*|
|Gold Service, Single||AU$2,140*||AU$1,845*|
|Bookings subject to availability. Valid for sale until 30 June 2020, Unless Sold Out Prior.|
A legendary train. An unforgettable Australian adventure. Travel aboard The Ghan between Adelaide and Darwin on the all-inclusive Outback Spirit journey.
Departing from Adelaide, travel coast to coast through the fiery red centre, experiencing Australia at its dramatic best.
HIGHLIGHTS AND INCLUSIONS
- 3 days/ 2 nights aboard The Ghan
- All-inclusive meals, fine wines, and beverages
- A regionally-inspired menu paired with a selection of local wines
- Immersive off train experiences in Marla, Alice Springs, and Katherine
- Cruise the Nitmiluk Gorge, learn more about Katherine’s ancient Indigenous rock paintings, or discover authentic outback life on a cattle station
Day 1. Adelaide
Departing Adelaide at approximately 12pm, what lies ahead is rugged, beautiful and spectacular – through the Red Centre to the tropical north of Australia. Settle into your cabin and watch the rolling pastoral lands of South Australia from your window, or meet your fellow travellers in the lounge car. Before long some of the oldest rock formations in the world, the Flinders Ranges, come into view. As darkness envelops the rugged outback, it’s time to indulge in a regionally-inspired dinner and all-inclusive fine wines and beverages.
Day 2. Alice Springs
Begin with a freshly brewed coffee or juice as the day dawns at Marla, an outback outpost in the remote reaches of South Australia. It is here, deep inland, that you will enjoy a one of a kind experience, as you watch the desert come to life at sunrise. All aboard for brunch as you make your way through the MacDonnell Ranges to Alice Springs where a choice of Off Train Excursions awaits. Alice is an iconic Red Centre outpost. 1,500 kilometres from the nearest major city, it may be remote, but offers plenty to explore – home to doctors who fly, rivers that run dry, and a cast of colourful characters. Your time in the ‘capital out of the outback’ offers numerous opportunities to explore its historic legacy and unique environment.
Day 3. Katherine & Darwin
Your day dawns in the tropical north. The pristine wilderness of Katherine is stirring and powerful, and you’ll have the chance to explore it from the water or land with your choice of off train experiences. Cruise the jaw-dropping Nitmiluk Gorge, learn more about its ancient Indigenous rock paintings and gain insight into the culture of the traditional owners of Nitmiluk, the Jawoyn people, or discover authentic outback life on a cattle station. As evening falls, arrive in Darwin to complete your epic Australian journey. Please note you will arrive into Darwin at approximately 6pm.
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share or single as indicated, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as of 7 May 2020 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees, or taxes.
- Valid for new bookings made between 1 May & 30 June for departures 1 April – 30 November 2021
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- A 50% deposit is required within 14 days of booking. All fares based on Advanced purchase rates and specific Advance Purchase conditions apply. Advance Purchase fares are subject to availability and may not be available on all services. Final payment due no later than 30th November 2020.
- This rail journey is operated and managed by Journey Beyond and their terms and conditions apply. Please view these here
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance or request a quotation.