Grand Circle Tasmania Self-Drive Holiday
10 Days including Car Hire & Accommodation
From AU$1,399* per person, twin share
Hobart - Strahan - Cradle Mountains - Launceston - St Helens - Freycinet National Park - Hobart
There’s no better way to discover than on a self-drive holiday. Travelling by road is undoubtedly one of the best ways to explore and our selection of hand-crafted itineraries will take you to some of the most popular locations. Each itinerary incorporates car hire, and local experiences, along with a personalised Co-Pilot Kit to assist you along the way.
|Price Per Person, Twin Share
Blackout Dates: 18 December 20-02 January 21 & 27 January 21-08 February 21
|Departure Month||From Price|
|Bookings subject to availability. Valid for sale until 31 August 2020, unless sold out prior.|
- 9 nights’ accommodation
- Meals as specified
- 9 days car rental with GPS (with Avis Australia, including Unlimited kms, VRF (Vehicle Registration fee), CRF (Concession Recovery Fee), PLS (Premium Location Surcharge), LDW (Loss Damage Waiver), Super Excess Reduction (NIL Excess). Excludes fuel and optional extras.
- Co-pilot self-drive kit
- Hobart – Travelodge Hobart
- Strahan – Strahan Village
- Cradle Mountain National Park – Cradle Mountain Hotel
- Launceston – Best Western Plus Launceston
- St Helens – Comfort Hotel Bayside St Helens
- Freycinet National Park – Freycinet Lodge Coles Bay
- Enjoy one of many hikes through Freycinet National Park
- Learn about local convict history on a Gordon River cruise (extra charge)
- Climb Marion’s Lookout in the Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park
Day 1: Hobart
Collect your vehicle on arrival in Hobart. The rest of the day is at leisure to explore the city. Overnight at Hobart.
Day 2: Hobart to Strahan – 300km
Travel across the heart of Tasmania through the Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park. Stop in at Queenstown then continue to Strahan. Overnight at Strahan.
Day 3: Strahan to Cradle Mountain National Park – 138km
Take an optional cruise this morning along the Gordon River (extra charge) before travelling north to Zeehan. Drive to Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park, renowned for its walking tracks with spectacular mountain peaks and lakes. Stay the next two nights at Cradle Mountain.
Day 4: Cradle Mountain National Park (B)
Time at leisure today to explore Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park.
Day 5: Cradle Mountain National Park to Launceston – 142km (B)
Depart Cradle Mountain and travel east to Mole Creek. Continue to Launceston and visit Cataract Gorge. Overnight at Launceston.
Day 6: Launceston to St Helens – 160km
Depart Launceston and travel to Scottsdale. Near Pyengana take a walk to St Columba Falls. Continue east to St Helens. Visit ‘The Gardens’ and the ‘Bay of Fires’ Coastal Reserves near Binalong Bay. Overnight at St Helens.
Day 7: St Helens to Freycinet National Park – 108km
Travel to Bicheno before continuing south through Coles Bay to Freycinet National Park. Stay the next two nights at Freycinet.
Day 8: Freycinet National Park (B)
Time at leisure today to explore Freycinet National Park.
Day 9: Freycinet National Park to Hobart – 185km (B)
Depart Freycinet and perhaps make a stop at one of the local wineries or berry farms near Swansea. Cross the Derwent River on the Tasman Highway to reach Hobart. If time permits, travel back to Hobart via the historic village of Richmond. Overnight at Hobart.
Day 10: Hobart
B = Breakfast
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as of 22 July 202 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- This tour is offered and managed by Viva! and their terms and conditions apply.
- No airfares are included in the featured package, but assistance with booking can be provided.
- Cancellation and change fees apply. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance, or request a quotation.