Wonders of Tasmania by Private Plane with APT
5 Day luxury guided holiday with APT
From AU$5,065* per person, twin share
On APT’s new Private Air Tours, fly across vast distances in a fraction of the time it would take for traditional touring. This means more time on the ground to explore each incredible destination and less time in transit.
Feast on the fine produce of King Island before discovering the beauty of Cradle Mountain. Finish off in Hobart’s delights. Visit MONA, historic Richmond, and fascinating Salamanca Market.
|Price Per Person, Twin Share|
|Departure Date||From Price|
|12 January 2021||AU$5,065*|
|27 January 2021||AU$5,065*|
|16 March 2021||AU$5,065*|
|20 October 2021||AU$5,065*|
|17 November 2021||AU$5,065*|
|8 December 2021||AU$5,065*|
|Bookings subject to availability. Valid for sale until 31 March 2021, unless sold out prior.|
Highlights & Inclusions:
- Fly from either Brisbane or Sydney
- Experiences in 4 destinations.
- A special ‘figure 8’ flyover.
- Travel in comfort aboard a privately chartered aircraft escorted by an APT Tour Director.
- Stay 4 nights in hand-picked accommodation.
- Locally inspired dining – a total of 9 meals.
- Transfers as stated and park entrance fees.
- Visit the King Island Dairy and enjoy the chance to sample some of the award-winning cheese produced right here on this tiny island.
- Everything from home-grown beef to vegetables, crayfish and cheese, King Island sources its ingredients locally. At a special welcome dinner, feast on the island’s renowned local produce.
- Enjoy a winery lunch at Moorilla Estate in Hobart, located at MONA. The Estate was the second winery to be established in Tasmania in the 20th century
Day 1 – Brisbane/Sydney, King Island
This morning, board your private flight to King Island. Located off the coast of northwest Tasmania, this small island has put itself on the map thanks to its rugged landscapes, some of the cleanest air in the world and its delicious local produce. Once you’ve arrived, join a sightseeing tour which includes a visit to the famous King Island Dairy. Learn how the microclimate has helped to produce award-winning cheese. Of course, a cheese tasting is essential while here. This evening, a welcome dinner celebrates the island’s famous local produce.
Day 2 – King Island, Burnie, Cradle Mountain
This morning, depart King Island and fly to Burnie, on Tasmania’s northwest coast. From here, board your coach to Cradle Mountain. Take in the rugged natural beauty of the mountain and the surrounding national park before setting out to explore Dove Lake. If you’re feeling active, follow the Dove Lake Walk circuit where you’ll be rewarded with breathtaking views of Cradle Mountain, lakeside beaches and lush forest.
Day 3 – Cradle Mountain, Burnie, Hobart
This morning return to Burnie where your private plane awaits to fly you to Hobart, Tasmania’s capital city. Don’t let the size of this petite city fool you – Hobart sure packs a punch. On arrival, be guided through the city on a tour before capping off your day with a fresh seafood dinner at Mures Upper Deck restaurant, enhanced by the pristine views over Victoria Dock.
Day 4 – Hobart
Today is all about experiencing the exciting culture of the city. Start at the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA). Thought-provoking, engaging and provocative are just a few of the words used to describe this private museum. For lunch, stop at Moorilla Estate winery. This afternoon, visit the historic village of Richmond. Wander the 19th-century streets and learn about the early colonial era of Tasmania on a guided tour. Spend the remainder of the evening at your leisure.
Day 5 – Hobart, Brisbane/Sydney
This morning, walk the stalls at Salamanca Market and peruse everything from hand-crafted jewellery to Tasmanian gin. In the afternoon, return to your private plane one last time for your return flight to Sydney.
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as at 10 November 2020 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- This tour is offered and managed by APT and their terms and conditions apply.
- No airfares are included in the featured package, but assistance with booking can be provided.
- Cancellation and change fees apply. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance, or request a quotation.