European Gems No Solo Supplement
15 Day River Cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest (V/V)
From AU$7,995* per person solo offer
No Solo Supplement on selected departures* – Book now and SAVE
Premium Europe cruises feature stellar new ships
Cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest on Travelmarvel’s most popular journey. Discover some of Europe’s most historic cities and timeless villages on a 14-night European Gems cruise aboard a brand-new contemporary Travelmarvel river ship. Enjoy a festive Bavarian evening onboard, visit World Heritage-listed Augustusburg Castle, be welcomed into a German family home, and more.
From historic palaces and buzzing metropolises to quaint towns and spectacular natural wonders, the diverse highlights of Europe never fail to disappoint. Travelmarvel can take you there in 2023, guiding you to well-known icons and hidden gems by river, sea, road and rail with great value and in premium style.
|*No Solo Supplement on the following Europe river Cruises. Please enquire for your preferred departure date.
EUTC15 Amsterdam to Budapest – EUTCR15 Budapest to Amsterdam.
|Departure Date||Our Price||Savings|
|28 April 2023 EUTC15||AU$7,995*||AU$3,300*|
|24 July 2023 EUTC15||AU$8,995*||AU$3,800*|
|12 June 2023 EUTCR15||AU$8,995*||AU$3,800*|
|2 October 2023 EUTCR15||AU$8,395*||AU$3,500*|
|Contact us for more departures|
|1 MAY 23 & 26 JUN 23||EUTC15|
|21 AUG 23 & 18 SEP 23||EUTC15|
|16 OCT 23||EUTC15|
|17 APR 23 & 28 APR 23||EUTCR15|
|12 MAY 23 & 15 MAY 23||EUTCR15|
|23 JUN 23 & 10 JUL 23||EUTCR15|
|Bookings subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time.Valid for sale until 31 March 2023, unless Sold Out Prior.
Featured rates are based on Category EE and E (Twin Window) Suites.
Please enquire for upgraded suite rates. A strictly limited number of offers are available on selected itineraries and departure dates in selected categories.
- 14 nights cruising on a contemporary Travelmarvel river ship
- Services of a Travelmarvel Cruise Director, Entertainment and Activities Coordinator, and local guides
- 41 meals – 14 breakfasts, 13 lunches and 14 dinners
- Onboard water stations, plus tea and coffee, soft drink, beer and local wine during lunch and dinner on your cruise
- Explore up to 15 towns, villages and cities
- Step back in time during a visit to the World Heritage-listed Augustusburg Castle
- Enjoy a festive Bavarian evening on your ship with traditional food and entertainment
- Get a glimpse into local life as you are warmly welcomed into the home of a friendly Miltenberg family
DAY 1: Arrive Amsterdam, Embark Ship
Arrive in Amsterdam and transfer to your contemporary river ship. Perhaps grab a map to explore this carefree, cosmopolitan city. This evening meet your Cruise Director and fellow passengers at a Captain’s Welcome Reception.
DAY 2: Amsterdam, Utrecht
Board a glass-top boat and glide through Amsterdam’s maze of waterways with a local guide, before enjoying some free time to explore this lively city. Later, travel by coach to Utrecht, via Rembrandt’s Windmill. From here, your ship will set off along the Rhine as you prepare for tonight’s special Gala Dinner.
DAY 3: Cologne, Bruhl
Step back in time during a visit to the World Heritage-listed Augustusburg Castle. Listen to enthralling stories and enjoy a walk through the landscaped parks and gardens between the castle and the lodge.
Learn how the twin spires of Cologne’s famous cathedral, the Kolner Dom, took over six centuries to complete as you cruise into this picturesque city. Disembark and take the short drive to Bruhl for your Insider Experience.
DAY 4: Rhine Gorge, Rudesheim
Dock in Rudesheim, and board the Winzerexpress mini-train, bound for Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum.
DAY 5: Miltenberg
Get a glimpse into local life as you are welcomed into the home of a friendly Miltenberg family. Enjoy coffee and cake made by your gracious hosts.
Discover Miltenberg today, exploring this well-preserved town’s half-timbered buildings dating from the 15th to 18th century.
DAY 6: Wurzburg
Board a coach and travel through the rolling hills to Wurzburg. Admire the baroque palace and walk through the beautiful Court Garden. Later, perhaps enjoy an optional visit to medieval Rothenburg, a true fairytale town.
DAY 7: Bamberg
Cruise along the last stretch of the Main River before arriving at Bamberg. Here, choose between an afternoon of free time or a guided tour. Later on this evening, your ship will reach the Main-Danube Canal.
DAY 8: Nuremberg
Explore Nuremberg, the site of Hitler’s now infamous rallies. Wander the cobblestone streets, discovering hidden boutiques and artisan stores. Finish your day cruising through the Main-Danube Canal, crossing Europe’s Continental Divide thanks to the canal’s 16 stair-step locks.
DAY 9: Regensburg
This evening, enjoy an authentic Bavarian experience on board as you sample local beer and snacks, accompanied by traditional folk music, song and dance.
Having reached the Danube River overnight, Regensburg awaits. Spend the day in this charming city, docked right in the heart of town, and join a guided walking tour to see its major sights.
DAY 10: Passau
As you enjoy your breakfast, arrive in the ‘Three Rivers City’ of Passau, where the rivers Inn and Ilz join the Danube. Explore the city at your leisure this morning, or grab a bike and set out to explore. Alternatively, join an optional tour to Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic, or travel to Salzburg and enjoy the sights from ‘The Sound of Music’.
DAY 11: Melk, Durnstein
Join a local guide to see Melk Abbey, an active Benedictine monastery since 1089. Cruise through the picturesque Wachau Valley, then continue to Durnstein, where you have a free afternoon to explore.
DAY 12: Vienna
In Vienna, join a walking tour of St Stephen’s Cathedral, the Graben, Hofburg Palace and the Albertina. Afterwards, you may enjoy visiting the Naschmarkt. This evening, perhaps enjoy an optional concert featuring music from Mozart to ‘The Sound of Music’.
DAY 13: Vienna
Today is yours to explore Vienna. Perhaps visit the Hofburg area and the Imperial Treasury. Otherwise, enjoy an optional excursion to Schonbrunn Palace, or head to Bratislava.
DAY 14: Budapest
After breakfast, join a local guide to explore the city. Tonight after a Captain’s Farewell Dinner, set off on a magical twilight cruise through Budapest.
DAY 15: Disembark Ship, Depart Budapest
After breakfast, disembark your ship and transfer to the airport.
(Low or high water levels may cause disruption to cruising)
Did you know?
Upgrade Opportunities – Selected departures can be combined with city stays in Paris and Prague. – Selected departures can be combined with Great Rail Journeys Reverse or Alternate Tours
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as of 30 January 2023 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes and currency fluctuation.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- This tour is offered and managed by Travelmarvel and their terms and conditions apply:
- General Information and Conditions: Offers are available for travellers departing from Australia. All pricing and save amounts are in Australian Dollars. Information correct as at 30 January 2023 but may fluctuate due to changes in surcharges, taxes or currency. A strictly limited number of offers are available on selected itineraries and departure dates in selected suites/staterooms/cabins/room categories. Offers are subject to availability, not combinable unless specified, available on new bookings only and may be withdrawn at any time.
- Cancellation and change fees apply. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance, or request a quotation.