Top End Express
Accommodation, Car Hire & More
From AU$649* per person, twin share
Discover the beauty of Kakadu National Park as you take a short Road Trip in the Far North. We include accommodation, car hire, a co-pilot kit and some recommended experiences and set you free to discover.
There’s no better way to discover than on a self-drive holiday. Travelling by road is undoubtedly one of the best ways to explore and our selection of hand-crafted itineraries will take you to some of the most popular locations. Each itinerary incorporates car hire, and local experiences, along with a personalised Co-Pilot Kit to assist you along the way.
|Prices are Per Person, Twin Share
Valid for travel until 1 September 2020 to 31 March 2021.
Peak Season surcharges apply.
|Bookings subject to availability. Valid for sale until 31 August, unless sold out prior.|
- 3 nights accommodation
- 4 days car rental with GPS
- Co-pilot self drive kit
- Yellow Water Cruise
- Nitnit Dreaming 2 Gorge Cultural Cruise
- See Aboriginal rock art sites at Nourlangie and Ubirr in Kakadu National Park
- Cruise along the Yellow Waters Billabong and Katherine Gorge
- Stop in at Fogg Dam and Window on the Wetlands Visitor Centre
Day 1: Darwin to Kakadu National Park – 210km
Collect your vehicle from Darwin and travel on the Arnhem Highway towards Kakadu National Park. Stop along the way to visit Fogg Dam and Window on the Wetlands Visitor Centre. Stay the next two nights at Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel.
Day 2: Kakadu National Park
You have a full day at leisure to explore Kakadu. Sights to see today include a visit to Nourlangie Rock and Ubirr Rock, or an optional scenic flight. Aboriginal rock art in this area is very well preserved and accessible.
Day 3: Kakadu National Park to Katherine – 310km
This morning you are booked on a 90 minute Yellow Jabiru Waters Cruise. After your cruise call into the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre before leaving Kakadu to travel to Katherine. This afternoon is at leisure to explore Katherine. Overnight at ibis Styles Katherine.
Day 4: Katherine to Darwin – 316km
Best seen from the water, enjoy a two hour Katherine Gorge cruise this morning before making your way back to Darwin.
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as of 3 June 2020 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- Prices are a guide only, subject to change and availability and are in Australian Dollars. From prices for accommodation packages are per person per package twin share, unless otherwise specified and based on the lowest room category for travel in low season.
- Featured rate is based on 3-night package, valid 1 Sep 20 – 31 Mar 21. Car hire is based on group B with Avis. A valid credit card in the driver’s name is required for the credit card rental bond. Avis Australia will rent to drivers that present a current drivers
licence and have had that licence for 12 months. Avis Australia will notrent to any person on a Provisional or Probationary licence. If a foreign licence is in a language other than English, it must be accompanied by an International Drivers Permit (containing an Englishtranslation).
- A refundable deposit is required to secure your booking. Full payment required 60 days prior to departure.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance or request a quotation.