The Ghan Expedition: From Kakadu to Kangaroo Island
10 Day Rail & Touring Adventure - 8 August 2021
From AU$4,549* per person, twin share
Exclusive Travel Club Ghan Expedition Journey
From the North to the South, this incredible journey through the heart of Australia aboard the world-famous Ghan is sure to be the trip of a lifetime. Discover the wonders of Kakadu National Park on a luxury coach tour including a Yellow Water Billabong cruise so that you can sit back and enjoy the scenery of this spectacular part of Australia.
Set off in all-inclusive comfort from Darwin aboard The Ghan Expedition as you explore a range of highlights on this historic journey. Your journey ends in Adelaide, with an overnight tour to discover the best of Kangaroo Island.
|Price Per Person
Starts in Darwin on 8 August 2021
|Twin Share (last cabins!)||AU$4,549*|
|Bookings subject to availability. Valid for sale until 31 January, unless sold out prior.
This package is available on other dates, but will not be part of an exclusive departure. Rates may vary.
- 3 Night stay in Darwin in a 1 Bedroom Apartment at the Mantra on Esplanade (or similar)
- Full Day luxury coach tour to Kakadu National Park including lunch and Yellow Water Billabong Cruise
- 4 Day Rail Journey “The Ghan Expedition” including:
- 4 days/3 night aboard The Ghan in a Gold Twin Cabin
- All-inclusive meals, fine wines, and beverages
- A regionally-inspired menu paired with a selection of local wines
- Off train experiences in Katherine, Alice Springs, and Coober Pedy
- Evening off train experience in Manguri
- A spectacular dinner under the stars at the historic Telegraph Station, Alice Springs
- Your choice between Nitmiluk Gorge’s powerful natural wonders and rich Indigenous culture, or a glimpse authentic outback life with a horse and working dog demonstration
- Venture into the underground opal mining town of Coober Pedy
- 2 Nights in Adelaide staying at the centrally located Mercure Grosvenor Hotel or similar.
- 2 Day/1 Night tour to Kangaroo Island including:
- Accommodation – stay overnight at the Aurora Ozone Hotel or similar
- Visit Eucalyptus Distillery, Seal Bay sea lions, Hand-feed kangaroos, Wildlife & Bird Park, Honey Farm, Wildlife Sanctuary, Admirals Arch & Remarkable Rocks
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive commentary
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as of 12 November 2020 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- This tour is offered and managed by Journey Beyond and AAT Kings and their terms and conditions apply.
- No airfares are included in the featured package, but assistance with booking can be provided.
- Cancellation and change fees apply. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance, or request a quotation.