Sicily Bella Redefined Luxury Travel
Smaller Groups Maximum 10
From AU$6,450* per person, twin share
Historic, mysterious, authentic and diverse. Like its many visitors over the ages, discover the Mediterranean’s largest island with its stunning coastline, rugged mountains, rich agriculture, active volcano, ancient ruins, historic villages and warm hospitality. You will be left breathless by its beauty, mesmerised by its contrasts and fulfilled by the authentic experience of a land that has attracted civilisations for over three thousand years.
|Price Per Person, Twin Share
Single supplement prices available on request
Small Group are guaranteed to depart with a minimum of two guests!
|Departure Month||From Price|
|11 April 2023 *On request||AU$6,440*|
|1 May 2023 *Limited spaces||AU$6,840*|
|17 June 2023||AU$6,840*|
|3 July 2023||AU$6,840*|
|18 September 2023||AU$6,840*|
|16 October 2023||AU$6,440*|
|Bookings are subject to availability. Valid for sale until sold out unless sold out prior.|
- Visit ‘must see’ towns of Palermo, Cefalù, Agrigento, Ortigia, Ragusa, Modica and Taormina.
- 9 nights in exquisite 5-star hotels.
- 9 breakfasts (B), 2 lunches (L), 1 dinner (D).
- Guided sightseeing tours of Palermo, Monreale, Agrigento’s Valley of the Temples, Villa Romana del Casale and Ragusa.
- Lunch, wine tasting and a winery tour at a renowned winery near Sciacca.
- Guided tour of Mt Etna & Alcantara Gorges with four-wheel drives and Mt Etna winery lunch.
- Tastings of Palermo street food and at a famous patisserie.
- Entrance to the Cappella Palatina, Monreale Cathedral, Corleone’s Anti-Mafia Museum, Valley of the Temples and Villa Romana del Casale.
- Visit 6 UNESCO World Heritage Listed sites: Arab-Norman Palermo, Monreale Cathedral, Agrigento’s archaeological area, Villa Romana del Casale, Baroque towns of Val di Noto and Mt Etna.
- Deluxe VIP transport.
- Airport transfers on first and last day.
- Note: hotel city taxes, if applicable, are not included.
Starts in Palermo – Concludes in Catania
DAY: 1 PALERMO
Welcome to Sicily Bella, a journey designed to deliver Sicily’s best landscapes, attractions and authentic experiences. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel and freshen up before enjoying an organised welcome dinner. Overnight: Italy, Sicily (Palermo) – Grand Hotel et des Palmes or similar
DAY: 2 PALERMO – MONREALE – PALERMO
Enjoy a full day guided tour of historic Palermo – founded in 734BC. Visit its main attractions including Palermo Cathedral, San Giovanni degli Eremiti church, Ballarò market and the beautiful 12th century Italian Palace – Palazzo dei Normanni. Also experience tastings of Palermo street food, sfincione and panelle. In the afternoon visit Monreale for its famous UNESCO listed cathedral with leisure time in the late afternoon to perhaps visit Cappuccini Catacombs, Teatro Massimo or join the locals for ‘la passeggiata’ or late afternoon stroll through the city. Overnight: Italy, Sicily (Palermo) – Grand Hotel et des Palmes or similar
DAY: 3 PALERMO – CASTELBUONO – CEFALÙ – PALERMO
Venture to the quaint village of Castelbuono in the Madonie Natural Park and enjoy a tasting at a famous pastry shop. Afterward, visit the amazing seaside town of Cefalù, nestled between the Tyrrhenian Sea and a distinctive precipitous rock. Stroll the cobbled streets, climb the stairs of La Rocca for a breath taking view or dine at one of the many wonderful restaurants by the sea.Overnight: Italy, Sicily (Palermo) – Grand Hotel et des Palmes or similar
DAY: 4 PALERMO – CORLEONE – SCIACCA
Visit Corleone, a town once surrounded by defensive walls that connected the Castello Soprano and Sottano Castles and infamous for being the birthplace of several mafia bosses. Enjoy a short visit to the Anti-Mafia Museum, before enjoying lunch and wine tasting at an elegant local winery. Afterward, continue to your luxurious hotel near Sciacca. Overnight: Italy, Sicily (Sciacca) – Verdura Golf & Spa Resort or similar
DAY: 5 SCIACCA – AGRIGENTO – SCIACCA
Enjoy a guided tour of Agrigento’s amazing UNESCO World Heritage Listed ‘Valley of the Temples’ featuring the largest and best-preserved Greek temples outside of Greece. The remarkable ruins date back to the 6th century BC; an era occupied by the richest and most famous Greek colony. The afternoon is yours to relax at your resort hotel or enjoy leisure time in the seaside fishing village of Sciacca. Overnight: Italy, Sicily (Sciacca) – Verdura Golf & Spa Resort or similar
DAY: 6 SCIACCA – PIAZZA ARMERINA – SYRACUSE
Depart for Villa Romana del Casale, the UNESCO World Heritage Listed 4th century villa featuring the world’s most impressive collection of Roman mosaics. After a guided tour, continue to the seaside town of Syracuse to check into another amazing hotel in the beautiful old town of Ortigia. Overnight: Italy, Sicily (Syracuse) – Ortea Palace or similar
DAY: 7 SYRACUSE
Enjoy the day at leisure to explore Syracuse’s old town of Ortigia. The town is celebrated with a UNESCO World Heritage Listing for its architectural creation of Greek, Roman and Baroque influences. Options include a visit to the morning market, Syracuse Cathedral or Castello Maniace; swimming in Ortigia’s blue sea; or stroll the trendy pedestrian streets of Via Roma, Piazza Minerva and Piazza Duomo. Overnight: Italy, Sicily (Syracuse) – Ortea Palace or similar
DAY: 8 SYRACUSE – RAGUSA – TAORMINA
Depart Syracuse for a visit to the Val di Noto region renowned for its Baroque architecture. Discover Ragusa with a short architectural tour of its more significant buildings, before arriving to the beautiful resort town of Taormina. Overnight: Italy, Sicily (Taormina) – NH Collection Taormina or similar
DAY: 9 TAORMINA – MT ETNA – TAORMINA
Enjoy a special excursion to Alcantara Gorges and Mt Etna, the largest active volcano in Europe, utilising a four-wheel drive to get close to the incredible lava flows. Also visit the medieval town of Castiglione di Sicilia overlooking the Alcantara Valley and enjoy a closing tour lunch and wine tasting at a Mt Etna winery before returning to Taormina. The rest of the day is yours to stroll the cobbled streets, shop in its trendy boutiques or visit the stunning Teatro Greco amphitheatre. Overnight: Italy, Sicily (Taormina) – NH Collection Taormina or similar
DAY: 10 TAORMINA – CATANIA
If you are not extending your stay with us in Taormina to the Aeolian Islands, or to an unforgettable winery estate getaway, you will be chauffeured to Catania airport.Overnight: Italy, Sicily (Aeolian Islands) – Hotel Tritone or similar
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as at 10 February 2023 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- This tour is offered and managed by Ormina Tours and their terms and conditions apply.
- No airfares are included in the featured package, but assistance with booking can be provided.
- Cancellation and change fees apply. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance, or request a quotation.