NSW: Golden West Vintage Rail Journey
5 Day Guided Rail Holiday
From AU$3,995* per person, twin share
Step back in time and travel in style aboard a restored 1960s ‘Aurora Australis’ sleeping train. Celebrate Australia’s diverse history and rich culture with visits to regional towns, gardens and attractions. Travel on rail lines which don’t have scheduled passenger services, making this a real adventure.
This exceptional journey through some of Australia’s most breathtaking scenery features sandstone cliffs by the Hawkesbury River, the stunning coastline to Newcastle, the wide expanse and starlit skies of the Central West and the Jurassic rainforest of the Blue Mountains.
|Price Per Person
Twin Share or Solo Cabins
|Departure Date||From Price|
|8 – 12 September 2021||AU$3,995*|
|10 – 14 November 2021||AU$3,995*|
|Bookings subject to availability. Valid for sale until 31 December 2020, unless sold out prior.|
- 5 days/ 4 nights experience aboard the newly restored, iconic 1960’s ex-Southern Aurora Sleeping Train, travelling along rail lines normally closed to the public
- Dining and Lounge carriages are available when travelling. Most meals included. Meals served on the train are freshly prepared by an onboard chef using local ingredients from each region
- Sightseeing is included in private chartered coaches at each stop for off train excursions.
- A ‘Riverboat Postman’ cruise on the Hawkesbury River,
- The Hunter Valley,
- Werris Creek,
- Orange Heritage,
- Mayfield Garden,
- Kandos and the Capertee Valley,
- Blue Mountains Villages.
Detailed itinerary available on request.
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as at 7 September 2020 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- This tour is offered and managed by Vintage Rail and their terms and conditions apply.
- a 20% deposit is required to secure your booking. Final payment due 60 days prior to departure. Booking flexible in the event of border closures or government shutdowns.
- No airfares are included in the featured package, but assistance with booking can be provided.
- Cancellation and change fees apply. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance, or request a quotation.