Murraylands and Wildlife Paddlewheeler Cruise
7 Night River Cruise
From AU$1,769* per person, twin share
Discover the dramatic South Australian outback on a cruise along Australia’s great inland highway. This seven night cruise is a unique historic and nature based adventure through ancient gorges and red gum forests, past towering sandstone cliffs and exploring historic ports, local vineyards and nature trails. Enjoy leisurely cruising 320 kilometres of the heart of the great Murray River between Blanchetown and Murray Bridge and take in the breathtaking Riverland. On the grand paddlewheel vessel the PS Murray Princess, you will experience a great variety of sights and sounds of river life, the beauty of its ever-changing landscape, visit historic places and indigenous sites, enjoy a woolshed and station experience and follow the region’s food and wine trail.
This cruise also includes a complimentary coach tour to the famous Barossa and its wineries.
|Prices are From, Per Person
For travel between 1st October 2020 to 31st March 2022.
|Cabin||Early Booking Saver||Standard Fare|
|Inside Cabin Twin Share||AU$1,769*||AU$2,209*|
|Inside Cabin Single||AU$2,399*||AU$2,999*|
|Outside Cabin Twin Share||AU$2,379*||AU$2,979*|
|Outside Cabin Single||AU$3,239*||AU$4,049*|
|Stateroom Twin Share||AU$3,079*||AU$3,849*|
|Bookings subject to availability. Valid for sale until 31 December 2020, Unless Sold Out Prior.
Early Booking Saver Fares: Save up to 10% off standard fares for travel during the Peak months of March, April, May and September to December (excludes Staterooms). Save up to 20% off standard fares for travel during the Off Peak months of June to August, January and February. Limited availability – a select number of cabins have been set aside for this special fare and once these cabins have been sold, prices revert to Standard Fares.
- Explore the township of Murray Bridge or take a tour of the historic Roundhouse
- Enjoy a guided nature walk with expert local guides
- Get up close to the river birdlife on board the ‘Dragon-Fly’ flat-bottomed boat
- Cruise through Lock #1 at Blanchetown
- Visit the cellar door at Burk Salter Boutique Winery
- Take a walking tour of the Swan Reach township and visit the Swan Reach Museum (Gold coin donation at entry)
- See the towering sandstone cliffs at the Big Bend
- Watch the Sunnydale Woolshed Show & go to the Native Wildlife Shelter
- Enjoy a riverside Aussie Barbecue
- Go on a Nocturnal Tour in a comfortable purpose built cart where you may see kangaroos, wombats, foxes, bats and owls (optional – extra cost)
- Enjoy a Bush Tucker Breakfast (optional – extra cost)
- Explore the Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve archaeological sites with an expert local guide
- Delight in a tender boat ride
- PLUS FREE Barossa Wine and Heritage Tour
- All meals (table d’hote and a la carte menus)
- Onboard presentations
- Live entertainment
- Complimentary return coach transfers from Adelaide or return to the Adelaide Airport or car parking in Mannum (bookings essential)
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as at 8 October 2020 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- This tour is offered and managed by Captain Cook Cruises and their terms and conditions apply.
- No airfares are included in the featured package, but assistance with booking can be provided.
- Cancellation and change fees apply. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance, or request a quotation.