Indian Pacific: A Taste of WA (Adelaide to Perth)
6 Day Indian Pacific Rail Holiday
From AU$2,419* per person, twin share
Australia’s staggering diversity plays out on a grand scale as the Indian Pacific journeys from Adelaide to Perth. Add fine wine and regionally inspired meals to the mix, and this voyage really is a sensory indulgence. Experience the vast expanse of the Nullarbor Plain and further enrich your holiday with explorations in Perth, Margaret River and beautiful Rottnest Island not far offshore.
|Prices are From, Per Person|
|Platinum Twin Share||Gold Twin Share||Gold Solo Traveller|
|Bookings subject to availability. Valid for sale until 31 December 2020, Unless Sold Out Prior|
- 3 days/2 nights aboard the Indian Pacific, Adelaide to Perth including all meals and beverages and Off Train Experiences in remote Cook and Rawlinna
- Transfer from East Perth Rail Terminal to hotel
- 3 nights accommodation in Perth including breakfast daily
- 1 day Discover Rottnest tour
- 1 day Margaret River, Busselton Jetty & Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse tour
- 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners
- Ponder the vastness of the Australian continent as you cross the Nullarbor Plain
- Sense the isolation in the remote desert outposts of Cook and Rawlinna
- Explore the energetic, confident city of Perth, Australia’s sunniest capital
- Cruise to Rottnest Island and meet a quokka
- Experience the wineries, coastline and townships of Western Australia’s gorgeous Margaret River region
DAY 1 BOARD THE INDIAN PACIFIC IN ADELAIDE
Enjoy a delicious welcome dinner before your evening departure from the Adelaide Parklands Rail Terminal on the Indian Pacific: leave Adelaide’s twinkling city lights behind as you travel west into the night.
OVERNIGHT: 2 nights Indian Pacific (D)
DAY 2 INDIAN PACIFIC, NULLARBOR PLAIN
Wake to breakfast as you begin your crossing of the Nullarbor Plain, taking its name from the Latin word meaning ‘no trees’. Part way along the world’s longest stretch of straight railway track (478km), have a wander around Cook, an abandoned railway town once home to a bush hospital and more than 50 railway workers maintaining the tracks. Next stop is tiny Rawlinna, a remote outpost bordering the largest sheep station in the southern hemisphere. Here you’ll enjoy an outback dinner under a glorious spread of stars (seasonal). (B,L,D)
DAY 3 INDIAN PACIFIC, PERTH
Your breakfast treat this morning is watching the delightful Avon Valley pass by your window, as the final stage of your crossing to Perth unfolds. Arrive at East Perth Rail Terminal after a delicious lunch, and transfer to your accommodation. The evening is yours to embrace: discover some of the city’s atmospheric laneway bars and restaurants.
OVERNIGHT: 3 nights Pan Pacific Perth (B,L)
DAY 4 ROTTNEST ISLAND
Make your way to Barrack Street Jetty and board the Rottnest Express to unique, diverse Rottnest Island, 22km offshore. A 90-minute air-conditioned coach tour around ‘Rotto’ takes you to some spectacular locations, including Wadjemup Lighthouse and the boardwalk lookout at the rugged West End. Enjoy a delicious lunch at Karma Rottnest Lodge before exploring the island at your leisure (make sure you see a quokka). Return to Perth by ferry in the afternoon. (B,L)
DAY 5 MARGARET RIVER
Travel south today and head towards the iconic Busselton Jetty, the world’s longest timber jetty (1841m). Indulge in a lunch of local Margaret River produce accompanied by beer and cider tastings at one of Margaret River’s oldest breweries. Explore spectacular Mammoth Cave on a guided tour, before a visit to see the enormous karri trees of the Boranup Forest. At the 39m-tall Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse, look down at the point where the Southern Ocean and Indian Ocean collide. As you travel back towards Perth, make a brief stop in Margaret River township and stroll the main street, before heading back to Perth. (B,L)
DAY 6 FAREWELL
Check out of your hotel after breakfast: one last chance to explore Perth before your journey home. (B)
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as at 5 August 2020 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- This tour is offered and managed by Journey Beyond and their terms and conditions apply.
- Cancellations and change penalties do apply, however, bookings are flexible when mandated government border closures and lockdowns apply.
- No airfares are included in the featured package, but assistance with booking can be provided.
- Cancellation and change fees apply. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance, or request a quotation.