Heartland Voyager Ghan Holiday Package
2021 Luxury Rail & Touring
per person, twin share
It’s said that the key to happiness is having someone to love, something to do, and something to look forward to.
At Journey Beyond Rail Expeditions, they believe that although your travel may be paused, you don’t need to stop dreaming and planning.
See the best of the Australian outback and immerse yourself in the heart of it with hands-on experiences. It doesn’t come any better than travelling on The Ghan, exploring Uluru and Kata Tjuta, cruising Nitmiluk (Katherine) Gorge and touring Darwin, all in one sensational journey through the nation’s heartland. For travel only in June, July and August 2021.
|*Prices are From, Per Person.
Start Saturdays from Adelaide in June, July and August 2021
Featured rates are only available on 31 July, 7 August & 14 August. Places selling out fast!
|The Ghan Service||High Season
|Gold Service Advance Purchase||AU$3,959*|
|Gold Service Everyday||AU$4,559*|
|Platinum Service Everyday||Sold Out|
|Prices based on twin share. Single supplements apply for single travellers. Advance Purchase fares are subject to availability. Prices are subject to change. Valid for sale until 31 July, unless sold out prior.|
- 1 nights’ accommodation in Adelaide including breakfast
- 2 days/1 night aboard The Ghan, Adelaide to Alice Springs, including all meals, beverages and Off Train Experience in Marla
- 2 nights accommodation in Alice Springs including breakfast daily
- 2 days/1 night Uluru and Kata Tjuta including accommodation and guided touring
- 2 days/1 night aboard The Ghan, Alice Springs to Darwin, including all meals, beverages and Off Train Excursion in Katherine
- Transfer from Darwin Rail Terminal to Hotel
- 2 nights accommodation in Darwin including breakfast daily
- 24 hour Darwin City Explorer Hop On – Hop Off Big Bus pass
- 7 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Explore the amazing World Heritage Listed Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park
- Witness Uluru at sunset and sunrise
- See the beautiful Mutitjulu Waterhole
- Visit the mystical domes of Kata Tjuta
- Discover the rock formations of Walpa Gorge
- See Darwin with top-deck views
- Access Darwin’s best landmarks and attractions
Day 1: Arrive Adelaide
Welcome to Adelaide. Explore the food and wine capital at your leisure after checking in to your accommodation. Stay overnight at the Hilton Adelaide.
Day 2: Board The Ghan in Adelaide
Enjoy a stroll through the city streets of Adelaide this morning before boarding The Ghan, heading for the Flinders Ranges and beyond. Overnight on the train. (B, L, D)
Day 3: The Ghan, Alice Springs
Wake to an unforgettable outback sunrise at Marla before making your way to Alice Springs. On arrival, check in to your accommodation, head out and explore this outback town at your own pace. Say at the Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lassaters. (B, L)
Day 4: Alice Springs to Uluru
Prepare for one of life’s ultimate travel experiences when you begin your journey to Uluru. Depart Alice Springs through rugged desert landscape, passing the beautiful MacDonnell Ranges. Along the way, you’ll visit a camel farm and see majestic Attila (Mount Conner(. This afternoon travel around the base of Uluru, visit Kuniya Walk and the beautiful Mutitjulu Waterhole. Later visit the Uluru – Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre. In the late afternoon, you will travel to the Uluru sunset viewing area. Witness the striking colour changes of Uluru at sunset while enjoying nibbles and sparkling wine. Stay overnight at Voyages Sails in the Desert. (B)
Day 5: Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Alice Springs
It’s an early start to experience the full grandeur of Uluru from the sunrise viewing area before your short journey to the 36 mystical domes of Kata Tjuta. Spend some time exploring the gorge and unusual conglomerate rock formations. The trail follows the natural creek between two o the tallest domes of Kata Tjuta. This afternoon travel along the Stuart Highway through desert scenery on your way to Alice Springs. Stay at the Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters.
Day 6: Board The Ghan in Alice Springs
Enjoy watching the beautiful scenery pass by your window as you relax aboard The Ghan. Overnight aboard The Ghan (B, D)
Day 7: The Ghan, Alice Springs to Darwin
The landscapes continue to transform as you head towards Katherine and your Off Train Excursion before continuing to Darwin. Stay 2 nights Double Tree by Hilton Esplanade Darwin. (B, L)
Day 8: Darwin City
Explore Darwin at your own pace today. Join the Hop Om- Hop Off bus to discover the best of Darwin’s landmarks and attractions. Spend as little or as long as you want. Visit Mindil Beach, the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory, the George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens or the Crocosaurus Cove – the choice is yours. (B)
Day 9: Farewell
Today completes your journey through the heart of Australia. (B)
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share or single as indicated, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as of 8 June 2020 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees, or taxes.
- Valid for new bookings made between 1 May & 30 June for departures in June, July & August 2021
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- A 50% deposit is required within 14 days of booking. All fares based on Advanced purchase rates and specific Advance Purchase conditions apply. Advance Purchase fares are subject to availability and may not be available on all services. Final payment due no later than 30th November 2020.
- This rail journey is operated and managed by Journey Beyond and their terms and conditions apply. Please view these here
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance or request a quotation.