Great Southern: Gourmet Escape 2022
6 Day Luxury Rail Holiday From Adelaide to Brisbane in January and December 2022
From AU$2,569* per person, twin share
Selected Fridays in January & December 2022
Combine food and wine with stunning landscapes on this five-night journey. Depart from Adelaide and settle into your cabin before arriving in the Grampians for your first included Off Train Experience. Journeying on, you’ll immerse yourself in Canberra’s rich culture before arriving into Brisbane where the adventure continues beyond the tracks. A culinary adventure awaits you in Tamborine Mountain while three nights in Brisbane make for the perfect way to end your journey.
|Exclusive discounted rates valid for a short time only!
Prices are From and shown Per Person
|Departure Month||Platinum Twin Share||Gold Twin Share||Gold Solo Cabin|
|7 January 2022||AU$4,689*||AU$2,965*||AU$2,819*|
|14 January 2022||AU$4689*||AU$2,965*||AU$2,819*|
|21 January 2022||AU$4,689*||AU$2,965*||AU$2,819*|
|28 January 2022||AU$4,689*||AU$2,965*||AU$2,819*|
|2 December 2022||AU$4,689*||AU$2,619*||AU$2,819*|
|9 December 2022||AU$4,689*||AU$2,619*||AU$2,819*|
|16 December 2022||AU$4,659*||AU$2,569*||AU$2,739*|
|23 December 2022||AU$4,659*||AU$2,569*||AU$2,739*|
|Bookings subject to availability. Valid for sale until 31 July 2021, Unless Sold Out Prior. Featured rates are based on capacity-controlled advance purchase rates, and can be withdrawn at any time.|
- 2 nights aboard the Great Southern, Adelaide to Brisbane, including all meals, beverages and Off Train Experiences in the Grampians, Canberra and Coffs Harbour
- 3 nights’ accommodation in Brisbane including breakfast
- Full day winery tour including lunch
- 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners
- Immerse yourself in the landscapes of the ancient Grampians
- Tour Australia’s capital, Canberra
- See the stunning seascape of northern New South Wales
- Enjoy the drive through beautiful mountain scenery and rainforest to Tamborine Mountain’s unique food and wine trail, and take in breathtaking views from one the iconic lookout points
- Be guided through private wine tastings at 3 picturesque boutique wineries, and enjoy a gourmet two-course lunch at one of the Mountain’s top wineries
- Visit Australia’s most awarded distillery and taste naturally flavoured vodka and liqueurs
DAY 01: BOARD THE GREAT SOUTHERN IN ADELAIDE AND VISIT THE GRAMPIANS
Board the Great Southern for your memorable two-night journey to Brisbane. After leaving the food and wine capital behind, your first stop is like entering another world. A million years in the making, the Grampians region is celebrated for its wild and spectacular scenery. (L,D)
OVERNIGHT: 2 nights Great Southern
DAY 02: GREAT SOUTHERN, CANBERRA
After breakfast on board, prepare for an Off Train Experience in Australia’s capital, Canberra. Best known as the home of politics, choose a tour from several of its iconic cultural landmarks and feast on a mouth-watering lunch celebrating local produce. (B,L,D)
DAY 03: GREAT SOUTHERN, COFFS HARBOUR AND BRISBANE
Today is all about relaxation as you travel the northern New South Wales coast and enjoy Off Train Experiences that showcase the stunning landscape and beaches around Coffs Harbour before lunch back on board. Spend the afternoon unwinding and enjoying the creature comforts of the train as you travel through to Brisbane.
Once in Brisbane and settled in to your accommodation, the evening is free to start your gourmet escape in the vibrant river city. (B,L)
OVERNIGHT: 3 nights Pullman Brisbane
DAY 04: TAMBORINE MOUNTAIN
Today, your gourmet escape sees you leave the city to experience Tamborine Mountain’s unique food and wine trail while absorbing spectacular views of rainforest and picturesque landscapes along the journey. Be guided through tastings at three boutique wineries and visit the iconic Tamborine Mountain Distillery. You’ll enjoy a gourmet two-course winery lunch and finish with the option to stop at a cheese factory and craft brewery. (B,L)
DAY 05: LEISURE DAY, BRISBANE
Your connection with the vibrant river city continues today, with a day free to explore at your leisure. Perhaps catch a City Cat and take in the city from the water. Venture across to South Bank, Brisbane’s premier lifestyle and cultural destination. It’s the perfect place to relax and unwind. (B)
Laneways and Café Tour, from $79* per person.
Brisbane laneways and streets are full of cafes and restaurants, over 1,500 at last count, but go to any city and the best coffee is never on the main street. Stop at selected laneway cafes, chat to passionate baristas, learn about the brewing process and of course, enjoy a cup of coffee and a snack. On this relaxed tour you’ll also pick up some great tips on eating and drinking from Brisbanites who know every cool bar and café in town, see a little street art and finish the day with a relaxing stop off at a laneway cafe/bar.
*PLEASE NOTE: Minimum 2 people required for tour to operate.
DAY 06: FAREWELL
Your experience comes to an end as you farewell Brisbane and check out of your accommodation. (B)
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as of 8 June 2021 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- This tour is offered and managed by Journey Beyond and their terms and conditions apply.
- No airfares are included in the featured package, but assistance with booking can be provided.
- Cancellation and change fees apply. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance, or request a quotation.
^Qantas Frequent Flyer members can earn 1 Qantas point per AU$1* spent to put towards their next rail holiday on eligible rail journeys. More information here.