2021 Ghan: Adelaide to Darwin Legendary Rail Journey
3 Day Luxury Rail - Selling Out Fast!
per person, twin share
A legendary train.
An unforgettable Australian adventure.
Travel aboard The Ghan between Adelaide and Darwin on the all-inclusive Outback Spirit journey.
In 2019, The Ghan marked 90 years of outback crossings. Much has changed since 1929, and today The Ghan offers more than transit between Adelaide to Darwin and vice versa. Onboard you will find sumptuous dining, elegant private cabins, attentive service, and the camaraderie of your fellow travellers. And when the train stops, the adventures begin. Choose from a range of included off-train experiences to create your own rich and rewarding personal journey through Australia’s outback and beyond.
|Prices are From, Per Person|
|Departure Month||Platinum Twin Share||Gold Twin Share||Gold Solo Cabin|
|March 2021||Sold Out||AU$1,819*||AU$2,079*|
|May 2021||AU$4,129*||Sold out||AU$2,139*|
|Bookings subject to availability. Valid for sale until 31 March 2021, Unless Sold Out Prior. Some departures are Sold Out. Featured rates are indicative only and may vary by departure date within the listed month.|
Departing from Adelaide, travel coast to coast through the fiery red centre, experiencing Australia at its dramatic best.
HIGHLIGHTS AND INCLUSIONS
- 3 days/ 2 nights aboard The Ghan
- All-inclusive meals, fine wines, and beverages
- A regionally-inspired menu paired with a selection of local wines
- Immersive off train experiences in Marla, Alice Springs, and Katherine
- Cruise the Nitmiluk Gorge, learn more about Katherine’s ancient Indigenous rock paintings, or discover authentic outback life on a cattle station
Day 1. Adelaide
Departing Adelaide at approximately 12pm, what lies ahead is rugged, beautiful and spectacular – through the Red Centre to the tropical north of Australia. Settle into your cabin and watch the rolling pastoral lands of South Australia from your window, or meet your fellow travellers in the lounge car. Before long some of the oldest rock formations in the world, the Flinders Ranges, come into view. As darkness envelops the rugged outback, it’s time to indulge in a regionally-inspired dinner and all-inclusive fine wines and beverages.
Day 2. Alice Springs
Begin with a freshly brewed coffee or juice as the day dawns at Marla, an outback outpost in the remote reaches of South Australia. It is here, deep inland, that you will enjoy a one of a kind experience, as you watch the desert come to life at sunrise. All aboard for brunch as you make your way through the MacDonnell Ranges to Alice Springs where a choice of Off Train Excursions awaits. Alice is an iconic Red Centre outpost. 1,500 kilometres from the nearest major city, it may be remote, but offers plenty to explore – home to doctors who fly, rivers that run dry, and a cast of colourful characters. Your time in the ‘capital out of the outback’ offers numerous opportunities to explore its historic legacy and unique environment.
Day 3. Katherine & Darwin
Your day dawns in the tropical north. The pristine wilderness of Katherine is stirring and powerful, and you’ll have the chance to explore it from the water or land with your choice of off train experiences. Cruise the jaw-dropping Nitmiluk Gorge, learn more about its ancient Indigenous rock paintings and gain insight into the culture of the traditional owners of Nitmiluk, the Jawoyn people, or discover authentic outback life on a cattle station. As evening falls, arrive in Darwin to complete your epic Australian journey. Please note you will arrive into Darwin at approximately 6pm.
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share or single as indicated, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as of 29 October 2020 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees, or taxes.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- This rail journey is operated and managed by Journey Beyond and their terms and conditions apply.
- Some departures are Sold Out. Featured rates are indicative only and may vary by departure date within the listed month.
- No airfares included in this package.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance or request a quotation.