Cairns Rail & Reef,
Spirit of Queensland
Rail, Stay & Play Holiday
From AU$1,350* per person, twin share
The Spirit of Queensland takes you along Queensland’s coast between Brisbane and Cairns, covering over 1681 kilometres. Travel in comfort while enjoying modern conveniences and friendly services. Enjoy the lush countryside as you’re swept away to the Tropical North, where you’ll enjoy some hand-picked reef activities and a conveniently-located central hotel.
We’ve included travel in an innovative RailBed, a spacious and comfortable seat by day that converts to a lie-flat bed at night. The bed is made up with fresh linen and pillow by friendly staff. A complimentary towel and amenities pack is provided for your comfort. Each RailBed includes a wide flat screen with on-demand entertainment options.
- All-inclusive meals served directly to your seat
- RailBed turn-down with fresh bed linen, towel and amenities pack
- On-demand entertainment
- 240-volt power point, reading light and drink holder
- Showers, toilets and drinking fountains available at the end of each carriage
- Luggage – two items checked-in and one item of carry-on luggage
- Accessibility facilities are available
|Prices are Per Person, Twin Share
Valid for travel on specific days (Rail departs Brisbane on Monday, Wednesday & Friday). Peak Season surcharges apply.
|Rail, stay & play package||AU$1,350*|
|Valid Seasons. 31 Aug – 15 Oct, 17 – 22 Oct, 24 Oct – 1 Nov, 3 – 12 Nov, 16 – 29 Nov, 1 – 20 Dec, 1 –31 Jan, 22 Feb – 31 Mar 21.
Blockout dates apply. Solo traveller prices also available. Senior discounts may apply.
|Bookings subject to availability. Valid for sale until 31 August, unless sold out prior.|
- One way overnight travel on the Spirit of Queensland from Brisbane to Cairns – RailBed
- 5 nights 4 star accommodation in Cairns
- Meals as specified
- Full day Michaelmas Cay Cruise
- Half day Cairns City Sights Tour
- Full day Kuranda, Scenic Rail and Skyrail Tour
NOTE: This package is for one way from Brisbane to Cairns. You will need to book flights or rail tickets back to Brisbane as extra.
- Snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef
- Stroll along the Palm Cove Esplanade
- Ride on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
Day 1: Spirit of Queensland – Brisbane to Cairns (D)
Join the Spirit of Queensland and travel to Cairns. Overnight on board the Spirit of Queensland.
Day 2: Cairns (BL)
Arrive into Cairns this afternoon and make your own way to your accommodation. Stay the next five nights at Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside.
Day 3: Michaelmas Cay (BL)
Sail on a catamaran to Michaelmas Cay, a pristine sand cay surrounded by fringing reef and a protected sanctuary for migratory sea birds. Snorkel from the cay’s shallow waters or cruise in the semi-submersible.
Day 4: Cairns (B)
Spend the morning at leisure before enjoying an afternoon tour taking in the natural beauty and unique history of Cairns. Visit the harbour and wharves and spend time at the Cairns Museum. Discover the beauty of the largest themed stained glass windows at St Monica’s Cathedral and the Cairns Botanic Gardens. Finish the day
with a visit to Palm Cove.
Day 5: Kuranda (B)
Today experience the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway journey to Kuranda. There is plenty of time to explore the village of Kuranda with many attractions and local markets. This afternoon return on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, gliding silently over the rainforest as you enjoy beautiful views along the way.
Day 6: Cairns (B)
Explore Cairns at leisure. Visit the wide range of shops and restaurants, spend time at the Cairns Esplanade Lagoon and visit the Cairns Night Markets.
Day 7: Cairns (B)
Your holiday concludes this morning upon check-out from the hotel.
(B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner)
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as of 8 June 2020 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- Senior discounts may apply. Please enquire for eligibility and cost.
- Prices are a guide only, subject to change and availability and are in Australian Dollars. From prices for packages are per person per package twin share, unless otherwise specified and based on the lowest room category for travel in low season.
- A refundable deposit is required to secure your booking. Full payment required 60 days prior to departure.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance or request a quotation.