Ballarat and The Murray River Club Tours are back
From AU$1,840* + 16,000* credits per person, twin share
Exclusive owner tours presented by your Travel Club
Take a step back in time on this fun-filled regional Victorian adventure based at Club Wyndham Ballarat. Discover the history of the goldfields and explore historic towns in the
region. You’ll end your holiday aboard an authentic wood-fired paddle steamer on a 4-day cruise on the Murray River on board PS Emmylou!
- Ballarat Discovery tour
- Pyrenees Wine Region tour including wine tasting and lunch
- All entrance fees
- 3 night Cruise aboard PS Emmylou, including onboard meals, onshore tours, selected wine & beer with dinner, tea/coffee/soft drinks & bottled water
- Guides, historical commentaries, as indicated
- Transfer from Club Wyndham Ballarat to Echuca
- Return transfers from Melbourne at start and end of tour
And much more!
SOLD OUT!! Please let us know if you would like to be added to theWaitlist.
|Price Per Person, Twin Share
9 May to 15 May 2023
|Cabin types||From Price|
|Emmylou Suite (1 available)||AU$2,250* + 16,000* credits|
|Queen Cabin (wait list)||AU$1,890* + 16,000* credits|
|Double Cabin (1 left)||AU$1,840* + 16,000* credits|
|Twin Cabin (1 left)||AU$1,840* + 16,000* credits|
|Bookings are subject to availability. Valid for sale until sold out. Housekeeping token applies.|
- 3 nights at Club Wyndham Ballarat
- 3 nights aboard PS Emmylou Murray River Discovery Cruise
- All entrance fees and meals and drinks as indicated
- Guides, historical commentaries, where indicated
- Pick up and drop off in Ballarat for each tour
- Transfer from CW Ballarat to Echuca
- Return Transfers from CBD Melbourne at start and end of tour
- Club Wyndham Host in Ballarat.
Day 1: Tuesday 9 May 2023
Pick up from Club Wyndham Melbourne, 1 pm Drop off Club Wyndham Ballarat ETA 3pm Accommodation: Club Wyndham Ballarat 3 nights
Resort history tour and Welcome drink. Evening to explore at leisure. Rest up for full packed days to follow!
Day 2: Wednesday 10 May 2023 Tour: Ballarat Discovery tour 8 am start.
On this tour you discover the Iconic places of this city, visiting heritage & historic locations of the 1850’s gold rush, as well as natural areas to view wild nature.
Your first stop will be the Blackhill lookout, where you will have panoramic views of Ballarat, and then to the inner city to walk along Lydiard Street, the best example of Victorian/Edwardian streetscape architecture in Australia. Entry to the Fine Art Gallery and morning tea at the famous Craigs Royal Hotel is included.
Entry to the Eureka Centre is included to learn about the miner’s democratic struggle leading up the Eureka Rebellion, the only armed conflict between miners and Government forces.
View the jewel in the crown of Ballarat – Lake Wendouree & walk the Ballarat Botanical Gardens to see the Prime Ministers Avenue, floral garden beds, statues, and imposing trees.
Travel to the outskirts of Ballarat, to Buninyong, Victoria’s oldest inland settlement, and to Mt Buninyong, an extinct volcano with breathtaking vista’s and wild koalas.
The afternoon is spent at Sovereign Hill, which is an outdoor living museum depicting Ballarat in the 1860’s. Walk down Main Street, go down Redhill goldmine, pan for gold in the creek, ride a stagecoach, try a hearty meal in one of the restaurants, and watch a $150,000 gold ingot being poured. (MT)
Day 3: 11 May 2023 Tour – Pyrenees Wine Region
You will be picked up from the resort at 10:30am. The Pyrenees foothills and ranges provide a stunning back drop to a region that amply rewards those seeking wines of character and interest.
The Pyrenees is famous for its high-quality boutique wines of the French Bordeaux variety.
Fragrant Shiraz and complex Cabernet Sauvignon excel through the region. Although traditionally a red wine region, the wineries are now producing high quality Methode Traditionale Champenoise, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Riesling on tasting.
Varietals such as Sangiovese and Tempranillo are also emerging from a number of wineries. The intimacy of the area is evident when visiting any of the wineries in the region; the winemakers are often on hand to discuss their personal wine styles with visitors. The tour takes you to signature wineries for tastings, included also in the tour, a Cheese platter, Lunch at a winery restaurant or similar, complementary glass of wine. (L)
Days 4-7: 12-15 May 2023 Cruise
12th May Departure from CW Ballarat 10am
Today you will travel from Ballarat to Echuca on arrival Visit the Port of Echuca Discovery Centre home of the TV series “All the Rivers Run”, the Port of Echuca will provide you with a glimpse of what life was really like in the late 1800s. With the Discovery Centre, steam-powered exhibits, and daily guided tours, it is an attraction not to be missed.
Cruise: Board the PS Emmylou along the picturesque Murray River. This majestic vessel is the world’s only wood-fired cruising paddle steamer offering regular scheduled accommodated river cruises. PS Emmylou was recently relaunched as Australia’s most luxurious inland river cruise, following an extensive refurbishment.
Guests are treated to luxury cabins with private ensuites, while each cruise includes all meals and onshore tours. The steamer, powered by a restored Marshall and Sons engine, has just eight rooms, accommodating a maximum of 16 people.
PS Emmylou was named after American country singer Emmylou Harris, who has even taken a trip aboard the vessel. The paddle steamer also featured in the Australian TV series All The Rivers Run, starring Sigrid Thornton, in which it was named PS Providence.
Spend your mornings waking up to the sounds of the rhythmic swish of the paddlewheels. Whether you’re captivated by history, yearning for relaxation, or keen to see the natural beauty of the river with your own eyes, this cruise has it all.
Your onshore tour will have you disembarking the PS Emmylou at places of historical, geographical, and cultural significance; historic Perricoota Station, Torrumbarry Weir, Morrisons riverside winery, and an Eco-tour aboard the Murray Explorer visiting Horseshoe Lagoon and the Goulburn River. You will dine under the lights of the Southern constellations with our signature riverside dining completing your Australian Murray River experience.
Day 7: Monday 15 May 2023 Estimated arrival 9:30am
Say farewell to Echuca and be transferred to Club Wyndham Melbourne, estimated arrival 3:30pm
Terms & Conditions:
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- Prices are per person twin share, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as at 14 December 2022 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes.
- Minimum tour numbers must be met for a Wyndham Club Tours host to attend
- If the minimum passenger numbers for the tour are not reached, the advertised cost may increase, in this occasion, the difference must be paid by the Owners.
- Vacation Credits used towards Club Wyndham South Pacific accommodation are subject to change depending on apartment type and season.
- Stays at Club Wyndham resorts are subject to the terms and conditions of Club Wyndham South Pacific. A housekeeping token will apply.
- Cancellation and change fees apply. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Cruise is operated by Murray River Paddlesteamers and tours by Golden Nugget tours their terms and conditions apply.
- Only Lifestyle Qualified credits can be used towards this offer
- It is a limited offer which can only be used once before the expiry date
- Your credits must have a minimum of 6 months/180 days validity
- You must provide a Housekeeping Token for the first 19,999 credits and for each additional 10,000 Lifestyle Qualified Credits
- If you do not have enough allocated tokens per above, a fee of AU$118 is payable per 10,000 credits (or part thereof) exchanged