APT Europe River Cruise with Flights – All-Inclusive Luxury
15 Day river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest, including flights
From AU$6,845* per person, twin share
Combine the greatest highlights of western Europe on the Magnificent Europe
holiday. Spend 14-nights on a luxury Concerto River Ship with complimentary
beverages, a butler, room service and included laundry in select suites. As you
cruise down the Rhine through the Main-Danube Canal to the Danube River,
disembark in unmissable locations. Tour Namedy Castle in Andernach, board
the Grand Empress steam train bound for Budapest ad attend an
unforgettable City Palace concert in the heart of Vienna.
With trusted Australia-based luxury tour operator, APT, you can be assured of a luxurious. hassle-free holiday where you are taken care of from start to finish. APT excel in fine fare, curated experiences, professional tour guides and exceptional service.
With APT’s current special on this, their most popular river cruise, enjoy included airfares, and savings of up to $600 per couple. River Cruise departures available for 2023. This cruise also operates from Budapest to Amsterdam.
|Price Per Person, Twin Share|
|Departure Month||From Price|
|3 April 2023 (Single Cabin left – Cat EE)||AU$13,245*|
|21 June 2023||AU$10,545*|
|10 July 2023||AU$10,345*|
|30 October 2023||AU$8,845*|
|8 November 2023||AU$6,845*|
|Bookings subject to availability. Valid for sale until 31 March 2023. Unless Sold Out Prior. Featured rates are based on Category E (Twin Window) Suites. Unless stated otherwise. Please enquire for upgraded suite rates. Enquire for more departure dates.|
- Return international flights from Australia to Europe including up to $300 in air taxes per person.
- Unforgettable experiences in 14 destinations
- 14 nights on a luxury river ship
- A selection of Freedom of Choice Inclusions, allowing you to curate your own perfect holiday
- Signature experiences, once-in-a-lifetime moments that allow you to experience an unforgettable world of exclusive moments, incredible cultures and charming surprises
- Go beyond the gates to explore Namedy Castle before a cocktail party and a piano recital in the ballroom
- A total of 41 meals and a wide range of onboard beverages
- Butler, room service and laundry (select suites only)
- The services of an expert cruise director
- Transfers, port charges and gratuities
Day 1: Arrive Amsterdam, Embark Ship
Welcome to Amsterdam! We’ll meet you on arrival and transfer you to your luxurious floating home for the next 15 days. Unpack, relax and get acquainted with your ship.
Stay: 14 Nights, a Concerto River Ship
Day 2: Amsterdam
FREEDOM OF CHOICE™ – Perhaps cruise the canals on a glass-top boat or visit Zaanse Schans – known for its windmills and specialty produce.
Spend today on your chosen activity. Tonight, celebrate with a gala welcome dinner.
Day 3: Andernach, Koblenz
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCE – On a visit to Namedy Castle, go beyond the gates and wander about the rooms and grounds, then enjoy a cocktail party in the ballroom, where a pianist sets the mood.
This morning will be spent cruising through Germany. You might want to head up to the sun deck and take in the views as they pass by. Disembark in Andernach for your first Signature Experience. Later, head back on board and enjoy dinner as your ship sets sail for Koblenz. Here, perhaps join your cruise director for an evening stroll through the charming village.
Day 4: Koblenz, Rudesheim
FREEDOM OF CHOICE™ – A gondola ride over the Rhine Valley will give you the best perspective of the town. For something a little more quirky, Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum houses a collection of fine automated musical creations.
Cruise through the Rhine Gorge to Rudesheim and set out on your chosen activity.
Day 5: Miltenberg
Step ashore in Miltenberg today and set out on a guided exploration before time at leisure
Day 6: Wurzburg
FREEDOM OF CHOICE™ – Seize the day and walk to the 18th-century Würzburg Residence. Or travel to the fairytale town of Rothenburg. Maybe get to know the locals with a visit to a family-owned farm, with a home-cooked morning tea on the menu.
Your day unfolds on your terms thanks to a choice of activities today.
Day 7: Bamberg
Sail to Bamberg, where you’ll join a guided exploration with a local expert.
Day 8: Nuremberg
FREEDOM OF CHOICE™ – Perhaps journey through Nuremberg’s history with its Gothic churches and World War II sites. Or keep fit with a guided walk through the Schwarzach Valley.
This morning gives you the chance to choose your sightseeing activity. This afternoon, continue cruising on the Main-Danube Canal. Having taken 32 years to construct, the canal links the North and Black seas.
Day 9: Regensburg
FREEDOM OF CHOICE™ – In Regensburg, explore its atmospheric World Heritage-listed city centre. With a history dating back to the Roman times, this incredible city was the first capital of Bavaria. Or, you might prefer to get active and take a guided bike ride to the Walhalla memorial. This neo-classical building sits above the Danube River and houses a hall of fame that honours notable politicians, artists, sovereigns and scientists from Germany’s past.
Discover Regensburg on your choice of activities today.
Day 10: Passau, Linz
FREEDOM OF CHOICE™ – From Passau, head to Salzburg to visit some of the sites featured in The Sound of Music. Or set off into the Czech Republic, where Cesky Krumlov awaits. Either way, re-board your ship in Austria’s Linz. Alternatively, explore the town of Passau, followed by a relaxing day on board cruising to Linz.
How you spend today is up to you with a number of options on offer.
Day 11: Melk, Durnstein
FREEDOM OF CHOICE™ – Cruise through the Wachau Valley to Durnstein, where you’ll roam its cobblestone lanes at your leisure. Or perhaps take a guided bike ride along the river from Melk to Durnstein.
Visit the statuary-adorned Melk Abbey. Then, it’s up to you how you get to the next port of call.
Day 12: Vienna
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCE – After dinner, head to the princely family of Liechtenstein’s City Palace in the heart of Vienna, where we have arranged an exclusive cocktail party and private recital, just for you. A full orchestra will perform classical masterpieces by Mozart and Strauss. You will also be enchanted by an operatic recital and a performance by some members of the Mozart Boys’ Choir.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE™ – Perhaps take in the city’s many landmarks along the Ringstrasse, as well as St Stephen’s Cathedral. Later, visit the 1,441-room Schönbrunn Palace and its gardens . Otherwise, tick another country off your list and journey to Slovakia’s Bratislava.
Arrive in Vienna and set out on the activity of your choice.
Arrive in Vienna and set out on the activity of your choice.
Day 13: Budapest
Enjoy a relaxing day sailing to the delightful city of Budapest, the capital of Hungary, where the Danube River separates the hillside Buda district from the flat Pest district. Arrive in the late afternoon and enjoy time at leisure to explore.
Day 14: Budapest
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCE – Follow in the footsteps of the Hapsburg Empire as you board the Grand Empress steam train, bound for Godollo. See inside some of the ornately adorned carriages from the early 1900s and savour lunch on board. Arrive at Godollo Railway Station, built for Elisabeth of Bavaria (Sisi) and Franz Joseph I. See the Royal Waiting Room at the station, which now houses an exhibition detailing the history of the region. You’ll then tour Godollo Palace, offered as a coronation gift when Franz Joseph I and Sisi were crowned King and Queen of Hungary. Later return to your ship in Budapest. Operates on departures between April and September.
Enjoy a morning city tour of Budapest taking in its historic monuments before enjoying a special Signature Experience (April-September departures).
Day 15: Disembark Ship, Depart Budapest
Sadly, the time has come to say goodbye and be transferred to the airport.
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as of 15 February 2023 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- This tour is offered and managed by APT and their terms and conditions apply.
- Your holiday includes international flights. This offer is valid when booking select itineraries and departures in all cabin categories. Air taxes up to the value of $2000 per person are included. Offer is based on wholesale airfares in economy class with an airline of APT’s choosing depending on routing. Flights are available from Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane or Perth. All offers are subject to availability of airline and booking class. Once class is sold out, surcharges apply. Flights must be booked by APT. Should you choose to depart earlier than your scheduled tour/cruise departure, or make variations to airline routings, surcharges may apply. Airline schedules are subject to change without notice and APT is not liable for any additional costs incurred due to airline schedule changes. All air is ticketed upon receipt of the first deposit. Any changes made after ticketing may incur amendment and/or cancellation fees, in some cases, tickets are non-refundable. Air taxes vary for each departure point and routing of airline and are subject to change. Fuel surcharges are subject to change and an additional fuel surcharge may apply. Frequent flyer miles/points may not be awarded on all airfares. This is a special offer, and it is only going to be available for a limited time. Sale fares are capacity controlled, and may sell out, so please book as soon as possible.
- Cancellation and change fees apply. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance, or request a quotation.