2021 Indian Pacific & Rottnest Wonder
2021 Iconic Australian Rail
From AU$2,859* per person, twins share
Indian Pacific: Sydney - Perth - Rottnest Island
A journey aboard the iconic Indian Pacific will whisk you between Sydney, Adelaide and Perth in comfort and style. Step onboard for an all-inclusive transcontinental rail holiday you'll never forget.
Travelling across Australia, connecting two oceans, the Indian Pacific is one of the world’s great rail journeys. But your holiday experience doesn’t have to end in Perth. Enjoy fabulous Rottnest Island when you reach the Western Australian capital.
|Prices are From and Per Person|
|Departure Month||Platinum Twin Share||Gold Twin Share||Gold Solo Cabin|
|May 2021||Sold Out||AU$3,129*||AU$3,329*|
|June 2021||Sold Out||AU$2,859*||AU$3,089*|
|July 2021||Sold Out||AU$2,859*||AU$3,549*|
|August 2021||Sold Out||AU$3,129*||AU$3,329*|
|September 2021||Sold Out||AU$3,899*||AU$3,629*|
|Bookings subject to availability. Valid for sale until 31 March 2021, Unless Sold Out Prior. Some departures are Sold Out. Featured rates are indicative only and may vary by departure date within the listed month.|
- 4 days/3 nights aboard the Indian Pacific, Sydney to Perth including all meals, beverages and Off Train Experiences in Broken Hill, Adelaide, Cook and Rawlinna
- Transfer from East Perth Rail Terminal to Hotel
- 3 nights’ accommodation in Perth including breakfast daily
- 2 days/1 night Rottnest Discovery including accommodation, breakfast, lunch and touring
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 3 dinners
- Cruise along the Swan River
- Explore Rottnest Island by bike on the cycle-friendly paths
- Meet the ‘world’s happiest animal’ the quokka
- Experience the thrill of an adventure boat ride
- Ride a segway through the original Rottnest Island settlement
Day 1: Board the Indian Pacific in Sydney
Departing Sydney’s Central Station, the anticipation builds for the trip ahead as you settle into your first evening on the Indian Pacific, enjoying the sumptuous food, wine, service and social atmosphere of this much-loved rail journey.
OVERNIGHT: 3 nights Indian Pacific (D)
Day 2: Indian Pacific, Broken Hill & Adelaide
After breakfast, prepare for your first Off Train Excursion in Broken Hill exploring the beauty of this Silver City and discover its mining history and the artistic culture that also abounds in the area. As you approach the southern tip of the Flinders Ranges in South Australia, the train weaves its way into Adelaide, and you’ll have more afternoon Off Train Excursions to choose from before returning to the train. (B, L, D)
Day 3: Indian Pacific, Nullarbor Plain
Today, wake up and marvel at the raw beauty of the Nullarbor. Taking its name from the Latin meaning ‘no trees’, the ancient Nullarbor conjures the sense of limitless space and time, making this journey all about the incredible outback views as you cross this famous stretch of the Australian interior. Dinner this evening is under an outback sky on the edge of the country’s largest sheep station at Rawlinna (seasonal). (B, L, D)
Day 4: Indian Pacific, Perth
Watch the delightful Avon Valley pass as the final stage of your transcontinental crossing unfolds, heading into Perth where your connection with the Indian Ocean begins. Check into your accommodation and enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure.
OVERNIGHT: Pan Pacific (B, L)
Day 5: Perth to Rottnest Island
Enjoy your ferry trip from Perth to Rottnest Island. The preferred mode of transport on the island is bicycle; collect yours to explore the many secluded beaches and bays within easy cycling distance. And, of course, there’s always the chance of a selfie with the adorably photogenic native quokkas that inhabit the island. After lunching at Karma Rottnest, prepare for a change of pace when you join the Segway Settlement Explorer tour. You’ll learn how to ride a segway and you’ll be led by an expert to the island’s hidden treasures, Bathurst Lighthouse and the Basin swimming area. Sleep amongst the dunes in a luxury eco-tent at Discovery Rottnest.
OVERNIGHT: Discovery Rottnest (B, L)
Day 6: Rottnest Island to Perth
Hop aboard the Eco Express for a full circumnavigation of Rottnest (weather dependent) where you’ll really see its wild side and its wildlife, including the playful New Zealand fur seals at Cathedral Rocks. After a delicious lunch at Thomsons restaurant, spend your remaining time enjoying the island by foot or bike before the return ferry to Perth.
OVERNIGHT: 2 nights Pan Pacific (B, L)
Day 7: Leisure Day
Today is yours to enjoy the vibrant Western Australian capital. We Recommend a “Morning Coffee, Culture and Art tour”, $45 per person. Uncover secret gardens, hidden art and colourful history as you roam the city streets. You’ll comb the Heritage Precinct and the old theatre districts before heading to the refurbished State Buildings that house 120 years of stories to share.
Day 8: Farewell
After breakfast, check out of your accommodation – this signals the end of your epic journey across Australia. (B)
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as at 29 October 2020 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees or taxes.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- This tour is offered and managed by Journey Beyond and their terms and conditions apply.
- No airfares are included in the featured package, but assistance with booking can be provided.
- Cancellation and change fees apply. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance, or request a quotation.