2021 Ghan Expedition
Exclusive Travel Club Departure
4 Day Luxury Rail Journey
per person, twin share
11 August 2021: Exclusive Travel Club Departure
Travel with other owners on this exclusive departure, with 14 cabins reserved for Club Owners.
A unique and epic experience, explore the wonders of Australia’s vast interior with one of the world’s most renowned rail journeys – The Ghan Expedition from Darwin to Adelaide.
Beginning in Darwin, this four day, three night, 2979km all-inclusive journey will take you to some of the most remote and captivating parts of Australia in style and comfort. Your adventure through the country’s vast, varied, and captivating interior will leave you speechless. It’s the ultimate Australian outback experience.
|Prices are From and Per Person
Departs Darwin 11 August 2021
|Departure Date||Gold Twin Cabin||Gold Solo Cabin|
|11 August 2021||AU$3,159* (only 1 cabin remaining)||AU$2,969*|
|Bookings subject to availability. Valid for sale until 31 March 2021, Unless Sold Out Prior|
HIGHLIGHTS AND INCLUSIONS
- 4 days/3 nights aboard The Ghan Expedition Darwin to Adelaide
- All-inclusive meals, fine wines, and beverages
- A regionally-inspired menu paired with a selection of local wines
- Off train experiences in Katherine, Alice Springs, and Coober Pedy
- A spectacular dinner under the stars at the historic Telegraph Station
- Your choice between Nitmiluk Gorge’s powerful natural wonders and rich Indigenous culture, or a glimpse authentic outback life with a horse and working dog demonstration
- Venture into the underground opal mining town of Coober Pedy
Day 1. Darwin
Your journey begins with a morning departure from Darwin. Once you’re settled into your private cabin, mingle with fellow travellers or sample the exceptional food, wine, and service onboard. When it’s time for lunch, savour the regionally-inspired menu accompanied by a selection of all-inclusive wines and beverages, before an early afternoon arrival at the Top End township of Katherine. Choose between a relaxing cruise through Nitmiluk Gorge’s ancient natural wonders and exploring the region’s rich Indigenous culture, or experience a glimpse into the lives of those who call the outback home, with a fascinating day of discovery on a huge cattle station. Enjoy dinner as the sun sets over the outback, then back in your cabin you’ll find your bed turned down. Fall asleep as the train rolls soothingly onwards.
Day 2. Alice Springs
After your first night on The Ghan, you’ll be greeted by a morning view of the spectacular Red Centre. A full day of excursions awaits you in the outback town of Alice Springs. An optional upgrade is a scenic flight to Uluru, returning in time to meet the rest of your fellow guests at a spectacular barbeque dinner under a million stars at the historic Alice Springs Telegraph Station.
Day 3. Manguri & Coober Pedy
From your morning stop at the outback outpost of Manguri, you’ll venture into the weird and wonderful opal mining township of Coober Pedy, where more than half of the residents live underground. Here, you’ll enjoy a day of discovery, and a gourmet lunch in the most unique of locations: underground. Dinner is served back on the train where you can enjoy a nightcap as your journey continues.
Day 4. Adelaide
From your cabin window this morning you’ll see a dramatic change in landscape, as the rich ochre tones of the outback make way for the green fields of South Australia. Enjoy a leisurely brunch as you pass through the majestic Flinders Ranges and prepare for your mid-morning arrival into Adelaide, completing one of the world’s great travel experiences. In the smart southern city, you can extend your experience with a holiday package to the Barossa Valley, fascinating Kangaroo Island, or an expertly-curated tour of this food and wine loving capital.
*Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings subject to availability.
- Prices are per person twin share or single as indicated, in Australian Dollars.
- Pricing correct as of 12 November 2020 and may fluctuate due to changes in availability, surcharges, fees, or taxes.
- Standard Travel Club Terms and Conditions apply.
- This rail journey is operated and managed by Journey Beyond and their terms and conditions apply.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package. Please ensure you have valid Travel Insurance or request a quotation.