When are resorts closed until?
- All Club Wyndham South Pacific resorts are currently closed until at least May 31, 2020. This date will continue to be reviewed as various Government directives and health and travel advice are updated. We have a team dedicated to monitoring the latest health and travel advice and, if resort closures need to be extended, we will let you know well in advance.
- If your booking during this period has been cancelled, you will have been reimbursed with the credits used and if those credits had expired you will have received a voucher that can be used for a future resort stay.
Why are these resorts closed?
- They are closed because of current health and travel restrictions and border lock downs in place across the Asia Pacific region which prohibit non-essential travel and are in force to halt the spread of the virus.
What is your cancellation policy at the moment?
- We are continually adjusting our existing cancellation policy in response to new restrictions and health and travel advice brought into effect within Australia and around the world.
- At this point, all Club Wyndham South Pacific resorts are temporarily closed until at least May 31, 2020. This date will continue to be reviewed as the situation evolves.
- Our teams have been systematically cancelling bookings during this time and depositing credits back in owner accounts without cancellation fees.
- We have made provisions on a case by case basis to ensure owners with cancelled bookings and expired credits do not lose their entitlements
Will you be extending credit expiry dates or freezing them?
- As this is an unprecedented time, we have taken action to ensure that Club Wyndham South Pacific owners who had reservations during this period do not lose their entitlements as a result of cancellations due to the coronavirus/COVID-19, but instead receive additional time to make a booking.
- This will happen during the period that club resorts are closed – if resorts are closed past May 31, the additional owners affected will also receive this added time.
Are you freezing levies because we are being discouraged from travelling?
- The Responsible Entity Board has considered and approved management’s recommendation to provide a credit toward your annual levies which has been calculated as 36 per cent of the April 2020 and May 2020 Club Wyndham South Pacific levies.
- In the coming days, our Owner Levies team will be applying the credit to all owner accounts to offset levy payments in future months.
- Club costs are a mix of variable and fixed costs and all owners will still receive their accommodation entitlements albeit at a later date. This credit is based on the change mainly in variable costs and will ensure that the club has sufficient funds to continue to operate and maintain all club assets.
Are you encouraging travel?
- No, we are discouraging Club Wyndham South Pacific owners from travelling to our club resorts or elsewhere, in line with directions from the Australian, New Zealand and Fiji governments.
What are you doing with the resorts while they are closed?
- We have reduced resort teams onsite who are conducting property and grounds maintenance, so that your properties are kept in pristine condition until reopening.
- We have also taken this opportunity to schedule as many deep cleans as possible to maximise the inventory available when resorts are open again.
Are you freezing finance payments because we are being discouraged from travelling/I’m experiencing hardship?
- There is no automatic freeze on finance payments. However, if you are experiencing financial hardship, we would encourage you to contact our Finance team at email@example.com who will work with you to assist you in these difficult times.
What is likely to happen in the future?
- We have teams monitoring Government restrictions on movements and regional health and travel advice. As updates occur, we are reviewing the impact on our club resorts and responding to changes as quickly as we can.
Are we giving empty accommodation to people who run essential services as a form of isolation?
- While we can understand the idea, it is not Wyndham Destinations Asia Pacific policy.
- Allowing people to stay who might have the coronavirus or have come into contact with people who have it is putting our staff at unnecessary risk. Our team would have to serve people staying in isolation at the property.
- Where possible, we have endeavoured to ensure that guests are not staying at our properties if they require self-isolation. The best place for people to self-isolate is at home, where everything is easily accessible, where they can go outside and where they have their loved ones nearby.
What is the case with Travel Club?
- Travel Club is open to take bookings, but we are not securing bookings for people with a travel date before May 31, 2020.
- This is because there is a current travel ban for Australians to travel outside of Australia and restrictions on internal travel. It therefore makes sense to stop providing this service for a short window.
What about Privileges fees – we haven’t been able to use our full benefits?
- We have offered a Privileges membership fee credit for fees charged for the months of April and May, 2020. That means that members will receive a credit against their next fees payment due.
- We will continue to monitor the situation in the coming months. In the meantime, if you have any queries about Privileges membership fees, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note Privileges membership fees are separate from Club Wyndham South Pacific levies.
What about Privileges trials – we haven’t had a chance to use the full benefit?
- We are offering an extension of Privileges trials to Privileges members who are trialling a higher tier and whose trial has an expiry date of between March 1 and July 31, 2020.
- To claim (or activate) this extension, the member needs to contact Club Wyndham South Pacific’s Owner Services team by emailing email@example.com. A team member will verify their account and ensure the six-month extension is noted on their membership account. When they want to use the benefits, they will also need to contact the Owner Services team.
- Depending on how long the coronavirus/COVID-19 situation lasts, people with a later expiry date may also be offered an extension.
Can I get an extension on my 241 certificates through ICE?
- 241 certificates due to expire between March 23 and June 15, 2020 have been automatically extended for a further three months.
- At this stage, vouchers due to expire outside of those dates are being assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- This is not a Club Wyndham South Pacific product, so any owners with specific queries about a 241 certificate should contact ICE customer service directly on 1300 195 845.